• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Metal fuel in in a Powerback Generator maybe?

Hummer

Registered
Was thinking about getting a steel brake line and running it from big fuel filter I have below fuel tank down through the engine and into a short rubber fuel line clamped to inlet on carb. Where the fuel line comes out to the engine there isn't enough room for any filter I know about.

Or better yet a copper line.

I have seen copper screens that go in furnaces but don't know where to get such.

Last edited:

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
you dont want to use rubber or copper, petroleum will eat rubber! copper will corrode. steel or brass is fine, as for something flexible neopream aka fuel line, its not rubber.

Hummer

Registered
Is that the yellow tubing that is available at the parts houses? The hose I have is gas line I got from NAPA. I run my tank dry before it gets put up.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
gas line or fuel line from napa will be fine, never seen the yellow tubing.be careful where you run it though, dont want to burn it like on a exhaust manifold. that could turn ugly really fast!

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Was thinking about getting a steel brake line and running it from big fuel filter I have below fuel tank down through the engine and into a short rubber fuel line clamped to inlet on carb. Where the fuel line comes out to the engine there isn't enough room for any filter I know about.

Or better yet a copper line.

I have seen copper screens that go in furnaces but don't know where to get such.

What sort of "big fuel filter"? Most in line filters are intended for pressurized fuel systems. Gravity feed fuel systems may not flow sufficient fuel through them. As to copper screen that is probably stocked by Mcmaster or Fisher Scientific.
Doc

Hummer

Registered
Thaumaturge, long time since we talked. Before I forget it I got a 1/2 pound of moly powder on Amazon for 55.00 so I am good to go.

The inline filter I have works great on the gravity feed I have. I pulled Powerback out for power failure and got it running and it cut off four times in 4 hrs 55 minutes. I would come out, engage choke, pull it and then open choke again and it would run great.

Finally the little loose pieces from the black fuel line got flushed out and last 2 1/2 hours it ran perfectly fine. First 90 minutes it spit/coughed occasionally and finally it was just fine.

Someone mentioned he stopped this by putting a small filter right up at carb and the powerback just does not have the room.

I have seen the fine mesh screens on tractor carbs but have never seen them for sale.

Was thinking about Tygon fuel line. Could not think of its name till now.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
I have seen the fine mesh screens on tractor carbs but have never seen them for sale.
they can be had, check out all states ag parts or steiner. they have a few, i was looking in the ford new holland section. i didnt find the one i was looking for but i did run across a few.