• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Military Homelite 15 AD120-16, Need Info, Parts Breakdown

Kenny Crenshaw

Registered
I bought a Korea Conflict era Homelite 120V AC generator on Ebay. It is a .15 KW and has US Corps of Engineers on it. I was lucky enough to find a government issue user's manual, but I cannot find much else about it. The generator is in pretty good shape for its age. I have not yet tried to start it. The fuel tank is broken off and has some rust holes in it.
I am looking for any kind of information on it. Thanks.

Kenny Crenshaw

Registered
Re: Military Homelite 15 AD120-16, need info, parts breakdown

Here are a couple of photographs. It seems to be a very rare model. I have looked everywhere I know to look and cannot find hardly any info except that the generator was produced until 1957 and I found a military document report where the military was doing research on "miniature generators" trying to find the best balance of weight vs fuel consumption. That was Dec. 1954 from the Wright Air Developmwntal center.

Attachments

s100

Registered

That truly is a unique little Homelite. I have never seen anything like it. Is it really 150W, or did you misplace a decimal point? 150W seems mighty light but such a small machine, 1500W seems equally unlikely. Sorry I can't help with any information about the machine.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

Wow, yeah, what an interesting design. I've never seen anything like it either.

Kenny Crenshaw

Registered

It really is 150 watts, AC and DC. It has two different sets of brushes. One set runs on rings and the other set runs on what I guess would be a commutator. Here is a shot of the front of the manual.