• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Miller aead 200le Onan engine identification

Budlight2529

Registered
I have a Miller aead 200le with an Onan engine the I'd tag is missing the block casting number is 477197 can anyone id this I'm fixing to start a rebuild

AlanR

Registered
I have a Miller aead 200le with an Onan engine the I'd tag is missing the block casting number is 477197 can anyone id this I'm fixing to start a rebuild
There should be a 6 digit serial number stamped into the machined surface of the block next to the point box. If you post your question in the Onan generator forum with that number and some pictures of the engine from different angles, it should be possible to identify it.

Alan

oldjohndeere

Registered
Check my post above about starter trouble where I list the model of my engine. Billy just Id'ed it as a 1980 model. Also check my post in the Onan generator section where there is a link to the manual section. Manual 927-1120 is the one for the engines built for Miller for the AEAD 200LE welder. Also, could you tell me if your starter has a cast iron nose and 10 teeth on the starter drive.