• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Miniture machine tools?

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
A few years ago there was a thread about a man that had cancer and for therapy he made miniture machine tools. Lathes, mills, drill presses. He won awards for his work. I can't seem to find the thread or link on google. Can anyone help? thanks, Fred

Mike Grivna

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2009
Re: Miniture machine tools???

Hello Fred, probably not the person you are looking for but one of our antique tool associates has a couple of working Warner and Swasey miniature salesman sample lathes which are amazing. He has had them for sale at tool shows and may still be available. If you PM me I can give you his contact info.

Mike

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I tried googling miniture machine tools and came up with a lot of manufactured stuff. The person I am looking for I think was from Britian and owned a company. He invented away to test parts without distroying them. He found out he had cancer and sold his company to Rolls Royce. He started making miniture machine tools for therapy. His work won awards at shows with his miniture machines. I used to have several pictures of his machines but cannot find them. :shrug: