• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Model T Buzz Coil

• Thread starter Benny Mckheean in NC
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John McPherson

Re: Model T Buzz Coil- successful testing method !

Lindsay Publications prints a reprint of a one of the 1945 editions with 2 types, one with marble and glass tube, and the other with a "wig wag" arm.

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks/lejay/

W

Walt in Jaxn Tn.

Re: Model T Buzz Coil-a few more questions

I've got some buzz coils, a few are origional ford, one is built a little different, painted od green with a soft aluminum weather cover over the points. one is just like the ford coils but has a full metal top where the points go and the wood sides are a little better grade of wood, the brand name on the top is K-W. my question is, what is K-W?---Walt

D

Dick Fisher

Re: Model T Buzz Coil-a few more questions

Guys, if you will switch the polarity, each time that you hook up any buzz coil to dc current. You will eliminate the wear on the points. The transfer of metal from one point to the other is switched each time that you switch polarity. I uses a Chrisler resister on a 12 volt battery to cut down the voltage some. My coils run for many years without any trouble. The ac that the mag puts out switches the polarity at what ever cycle that it is turning. Dick in Ind.

Status
Not open for further replies.