• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Model T Ford Blocks?

I have a Worthington tractor with a model T Ford engine. 1925 I think. With starter. It has a scorer cylinder from a loose wrist pin I have found a 1915 block. It’s a couple hours away from me. I live in 28325 NC. Will the 1915 block work to replace my 1925 26? Or are they diff

Jake Jacobs

Registered
Re: Model T Ford blocks ?

What is the number stamped above the water outlet on the side of the block? 1925 block is different then the 1926 1927 block. Early block may still work.

Bryant

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/15/2020
Re: Model T Ford blocks ?

I don’t think it will have a place for the generator

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
That 15 block is of much greater value than a 17-25 block. And no generator mounting .

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
cant help on block interchange, but you can have a sleeve put in your block and its not as expensive as one would think.

gleaner

Registered
Go ahead and get the 15 block. If it is good you can sell it for about what it will cost to sleeve the 25 block.

The 15 block will work but you will have to change the generator and timing cover. Also if the 15 is complete and a true 15 then the flywheel will not be machined for a ring gear for your starter.

My advice is sell the 15 and have your block sleeved.

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
The pm didn't work for some reason.Look for the website for Tarheel T's here in NC and if I aint bad mistaken a couple members have a good inventory of later blocks that you could buy reasonable for your project.

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
Ya, the 15 blocks are starting to get scarce. Like the guys suggest, get a newer block or fix yours.
:)