• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

"Mogo Old Oilers" need your help

Sundowner

Registered
Hello Folks,

On New years Eve a massive bushfire tore through the township of Mogo, on the south Coast of NSW. In doing so it also destroyed a large shed full of machinery, in an operating Historic Village, "Old Mogo Town" which was up until then, the headquarters of the "Mogo Old Oilers". These guys, mostly retiree's met there regularly to discuss how to fix the worlds problems but mostly to restore and preserve vintage machinery.
We are desperate to find a suitable secure storage facility where we can place the remains of this machinery, (some very valuable) so we can start our "Project Phoenix" and before the weather gets at it.

A small group of members met at the site yesterday and decided that our priorities are....
1) find a secure site to store the remains of the machinery (some is Historically very valuable)
2) find a permanent site for us (as Old Mogo Town probably wont re-open).
3) raise funds to restore the damage.

In order to see what the "Mogo Old Oilers" were about, you can see a page from our website here, https://matama.weebly.com/moos.html

Its not pretty, but you can see photos of the damage here, https://matama.weebly.com/surveying-the-damage.html

I have started a "Go Fund Me" thing, in the hope of raising funds. My biggest concern with this is that I don't have any social media connections. NONE at all and I'm appealing to you folk hoping that you can help get it out there for us.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-rebuild-some-of-our-national-heritage?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help us out.

All the best,
Rob

Attachments

Sundowner

Registered
For those without computer/internet, I'll put the word around through the pages of the Oily Rag.
Will help where I can.

Best wishes, jayvee
Hi John,
Anything you can do to help our cause is also appreciated in bucketsful.
Cheers,
Rob

jayvee

Registered
Hi All,
Thought I would share
If you are not into the "Go Fund Me" thingo...
Just been advised of the following arrangements;
Electronic Fund Transfer or Direct Debit (or whatever its called)
Through your banking/financial institution, payment should be made to:
MATAMA Bush fire damage" or something along those lines
Bank is IMB Bank
BSB 641-800. (For O/seas this may be Routing or Sort Code)
Account # 200412203
Account Name - Moruya Antique Tractor/Machinery Inc.

If you wish to donate via cheque/Money Order
Payable to: Moruya Antique Tractor And Machinery Association
PO Box 244
Moruya NSW 2537

MATAMA is a registered Incorporated Association.

Good Luck Rob

Best wishes, jayvee

Sundowner

Registered
Hi All,
Thought I would share
If you are not into the "Go Fund Me" thingo...
Just been advised of the following arrangements;
Electronic Fund Transfer or Direct Debit (or whatever its called)
Through your banking/financial institution, payment should be made to:
MATAMA Bush fire damage" or something along those lines
Bank is IMB Bank
BSB 641-800. (For O/seas this may be Routing or Sort Code)
Account # 200412203
Account Name - Moruya Antique Tractor/Machinery Inc.

If you wish to donate via cheque/Money Order
Payable to: Moruya Antique Tractor And Machinery Association
PO Box 244
Moruya NSW 2537

MATAMA is a registered Incorporated Association.

Good Luck Rob

Best wishes, jayvee
Thanks Jayvee, you beat me to it.
I cant express just how grateful I am (& consequently all of our members) to your help and that of anyone else who can lend us a hand.
In amongst the rubble are 2 historically important engines. One is a big Petter 2 stroke that used to power the original Batemans Bay picture Theater. The other is a 1904 6HP York, made in PA. It was the first internal combustion engine (of any type cars included) to come to our little town and had undergone a complete restoration only about 8 years ago.
Again, Thank You,
All the best,
Rob

Sundowner

Registered
Hello,

I’ve just closed the “Mogo Old Oilers” Go Fund Me.
I believe that once it is closed, Go Fund Me will refund all donations.
The reason for this is that GFM have made it impossible for our beneficiary, our Associations treasurer, to verify her identity in order to make the withdrawal of funds.
Thank you for thinking of us.

Regards,
Rob

MaxLeggett

Registered
Hello,

I’ve just closed the “Mogo Old Oilers” Go Fund Me.
I believe that once it is closed, Go Fund Me will refund all donations.
The reason for this is that GFM have made it impossible for our beneficiary, our Associations treasurer, to verify her identity in order to make the withdrawal of funds.
Thank you for thinking of us.

Regards,
Rob
To all put there
I have written to the NHMA executive committee ( Ken Bock and the WA state rep Ralph Thomas ) suggesting the NHMA executive should discuss the Mogo clubs plight and come up with some ideas to lead a NHMA collective assistance package for this club. The executive are meeting on the 8 th of Feb so I urge all you engine folks out there to lobby your state reps to support/ come up with an initiative to assist the Mogo folks get back up and running again.
I’m sure the majority of all engine folks out there would support assisting this club.
Cheers
Max

fatcat

Registered
To all put there
I have written to the NHMA executive committee ( Ken Bock and the WA state rep Ralph Thomas ) suggesting the NHMA executive should discuss the Mogo clubs plight and come up with some ideas to lead a NHMA collective assistance package for this club. The executive are meeting on the 8 th of Feb so I urge all you engine folks out there to lobby your state reps to support/ come up with an initiative to assist the Mogo folks get back up and running again.
I’m sure the majority of all engine folks out there would support assisting this club.
Cheers
Max

fatcat

Registered
Looks like the Mogo Old Oilers have hit another brick wall with the go fund me issue, I made my donation via direct debit to the clubs bank account
never been a fan of these type of fund raisers.
All the best for your restorations and new clubhouse
Regards to all Lee