• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Monitor ( Auto Config.)

Owen Bosma

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/07/2018
I have a flashing "Auto Config. Please wait" banner flashing at me on the monitor. It had been doing this for a while off and on, but now it won't go away.

It seems that the set up buttons and the off on switch have been disabled. The monitor is a Acer do I have to trow it out, or is there a cure.

L

Lead Head

The buttons might be broken, or one of them is stuck in the "pressed" position. If I had to guess, it might be the button labeled Config, Menu, or Auto Config.

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Look for a connector leading to button board and try just unplugging it... assuming power button is not on same strip.
Doc

Owen Bosma

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/07/2018
Thanks for the help .............. some of the buttons where stuck including the off and on switch witch had not worked for some time.

I laid the monitor on its back and gave the buttons a good soaking of contact cleaner from the outside, and worked the buttons and left it for a few ours.

All the buttons are free now, and the problem is gone!!