• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Monkey Tail Scraper

Avery22x36

Registered
Can anyone give me information on this horse drawn scraper? Its got odd hubs that should give it away as to the make? I would like to put new wheels on it but am missing the rims for knowing the height so it would be great to see any information I can get or if someone just knows the brand name so I can hunt. Thanks

Attachments

DaveHC

Registered
Re: Monkey tail scraper

Google images would be a good start in identifying it . That's where I usually start .

Avery22x36

Registered
Re: Monkey tail scraper

I have googled it and found several with hubs like it, unfortunately, they all looked just like it with no identifying factors or wheel sizes. Western Scraper seems to be the most popular but this doesn't really look like theirs. Thanks

tomsamson

Registered
That round axle is a pretty distinctive feature. I'll try to take a look my catalogs this weekend and see if I can find a match.

Tom.

John C. Neagley

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
04/08/2018
You might try looking up and contacting the "Historic Construction Equipment Association" or HCEA in Bowling Green, Ohio. Their members are a wealth of information.