Motorgo 2 1/8 hp

Craftsman56

Subscriber
I have this small marine inboard engine,needs restoration but it is missing the carb.UPDATE:I took the drive to see another engine,brought mine to match up engines and sold mine to him.He decided not to sell his carb.His cast was cracked and mine is good so it was just a matter of transfering parts for him.I have other engines that need work so i was ok with his offer.I ave a M-F 580 engine to do next,an inboard..Thanks for the ideas though.

Last edited:

Jim Parrott

Subscriber
You most likely have a 2 1/2 HP. It should use 3/4” LH Lunkenheimer Fuel Mixer, or a 3/4” Schrebler Carburetor, if it has the valve cage for it. Post some engine pics and we should be able to tell you what is needed.

Jim

Jim Parrott

Subscriber
Your engine looks very complete other than missing the fuel mixer. You will also need a buzz coil and battery for the ignition system. The coil could be from a Ford Model T or a homemade one using modern components. I would suggest running a want ad in the classified section on this site for a mixer.

Your engine was made by Lockwood Ash of Jackson Michigan for Sears. They are nice running little motors.