• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE in your location!

Mount Pleasant, Iowa?

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010
A friend of mine called today and was asking ??? about the show coming up. He was thinking of heading out that way Friday morning after getting off work. (5-6 hour drive) He wants to know if everybody pretty much stays at the show fri. and sat. or starts pulling out on fri as it seemed that happens at Portland show (50% of the engines pulled out fri. afternoon/evening):rant:. If that is the case he wont go. Need to know so not to disapoint the guy!!!!
Thanks
Brian

S. Williamson

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/12/2009
No worries things don't get heavy until Friday. Sunday afternoon and Monday is normally when the engines head out. Swing by and say hi i will have the oil city half-breed oilfield engine.

Steven Williamson

Harry

Administrator
I called an RV park near there and no sites were available. They said that they take reservations a year in advance. Maybe next time.

Jeff Lauber

Registered
I called an RV park near there and no sites were available. They said that they take reservations a year in advance. Maybe next time.

Well some of us only live 15 to 20 mins, from the grounds and have large RV friendly yards. So maybe next time you could park where you dont need a reservation.

Tom Nowak

Registered
Harry, if you can find another 20 hp Stickney, they will find a spot for your camper. :) Only problem there is already one at the show,and it going to be hard to find another one by Thursday.:(

Most exhibitors don't load up till late Sunday evening or early Monday morning. I load up Monday morning myself.

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010
Thanks for the replies. I let Mark know and he is planning on making the trip out there. I could go with him but family time and a air show will be where I will be.

KPerron

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2016
You cant imagine it till you see it and you wont see it all in the five days of the the show. Living two blocks from the grounds I get to watch the activity build all summer long till it becomes almost a frenzy today, as hundreds of dedicated volunteers and a few paid employees put the finishing touches on the grandaddy of all thresher shows/reunions. There is normally plenty of camping spots availible with electricity 120vt 20 amp circuits. 30/50 amp spots are most likely gone. I think they will be upgrading more next year. (Harry, I'ld pipe in a fifty amp circuit to my front yard if I knew you'ld use it)
The Stickney area looks great from across the road, will look it over during the show.
Load up is monday for me as well.
If you are back at the show thanks for coming old friend, if your a newby your a new friend that we havent met yet, you will leave the grounds in awe.
Welcome to Mt Pleasant the place with something for everyone. Keith P.

Headed out to Mount Pleasant for the first time this year to sign my children's book, Little Rumely Man, at the Farm Collector magazine tent. We got a room in Burlington. The Pzazz! resort still had plenty available and I hear that they've got a terrific buffet and pool for relaxing. Very, very excited!! Hear it's a spectacular show!

Overdrive87

Registered
Just signed up and just now saw this topic. I only live about 15 minutes away from Mt. Pleasant. In fact I used to work there. I haven't been to Old Threshers for years. I plan on going next year. It's kinda cool to find a board about a town just a few miles from where I live lol.

Anybody else live around this area?

Nate

Steve Kunz

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Welcome to the stack Nate.
I don't live near there, but I have been going for over 50 years, every year since I was born. There is no other show like it.