• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

My new find Fairbanks Morse

TheToolman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/19/2009
Thanks, tell us more about that great find, that is what keeps us all still on the LOOK!! where? what size engine? ect.

JunkmanIH660

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2011
the where is not to tell just yet but the what is the important thing two fairbanks yh diesel one a 20 hp and the other a 25
Both in the hiding in the basment of a flour mill waiting to be woke up.

JunkmanIH660

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2011
It is interesting how i ran across these engines, I didnt want a engine but a grist mill went and looked at the grist mill and inquired on what was in the basement, went down the stairs
only to see this a 20 hp sleeper it ran cold chills down my back as i gazed out through the darkness upon it this is what i saw

And then to turn the corner to see this,a 25 hp. These two had been together for 80 years or more

and my son austin was all woundup to see such a engine he kept asking Daddy can we put that thing on top the van and take it home

Jebaroni

Registered
Looks like a nice 30" Williams and an 8" IHC Type B feed grinder! An incredible find! I know where a 30" cast iron Meadows is at, but I don't think the guys want to sell.

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
Thanks for the wonderful slide show.
I don't usually go though those but I did THIS one....... :brows:
SO......who's WHO? :confused:

JunkmanIH660

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2011
I am not in any of the pictures My friend Danny Johnson and his boys Ronny and Raymond are in the pics, they went and helped me get this thing out the 25 hp moves this weekend.
My boy and girl are in the pics on the trailer looking at the engine

JunkmanIH660

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2011
mike the 20 will be I sold the 25 due to weight and he lives about 3 hour away from boone I may be able to arrange something
adam

antiquecarman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/07/2009
from another fairbanks engine find.wasn't that some great rush when you first saw them?another great rush getting them out!:crazy:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Found this thread too late to be able to thank the original poster on it JunkmanIH660, but those are some neat engines.

Kind of a shame you had to split them up though after all those years of sharing a common muffler. Which engine did the muffler go with ?