• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Myrick Eclipse 4 HP value$?

Jonah Close

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/30/2014
Just looking to find the value of a late non running 4 HP Mrick, Thanks!:shrug::wave:

DieselAddicted

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Re: Myrick Eclipse 4 HP value$$$$??

I must first qualify myself as a non-expert newbie but I have seen a few sell and advertised.
Two mostly, but not complete ones at the 2012 Portland swap had $800ish asking prices. Dont know if early or late nor if sold.
On Ebay a few months ago, again not sure of vinatge, one in MD sold for less than $400 but had badly misspelled name in ad that likely caused searchers to miss it.
I own two fairly early ones that were purchased last spring but additional $ was paid because they are early, complete, on my route from another purchase and consecutive serial numbers. (hows that for justifying paying over avergae??:)

Funny thing is when the subject comes up at a show people say ya, they are pretty nice engines and can be bought for 200 bucks all day long, If I have heard it once I've heard it a dozen times. My standard answer is I will double your money on every $200 Eclipse you care to sell. I cleaned out a big spot in the shop to store them all and,,,,,, still waiting.

As compared to other engines they seem to be very regional as for availaility and sightings at shows.