• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Myrick Eclipse Regulator Pressure

Dale S

Registered
I found a regulator with a outlet pressure of 1-5 psi. Would this work on a 4 Hp Myrick or do I need one with inches of wc outlet?

Tom Geier

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2017
That would work for hot tube but you need a 11 column of water one aka gas grill. Get a good needle or diamond valve. You could run it with the 1-5 psi but it will be harder to control the gas to fine tune it.

DieselAddicted

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I found a regulator with a outlet pressure of 1-5 psi. Would this work on a 4 Hp Myrick or do I need one with inches of wc outlet?
Most guys twin feed a Myrick, tank pressure to the hot tube burner and regulated pressure to the diamond valve. Since mine had all the OEM plumbing that I wanted to save I run mine single feed. Takes 2 PSI to feed the hot tube burner but I still have the Myrick regulator and a diamond valve to feed the engine. I set the engine regulator so the diamond valve is about in the middle when the engine is running right, dont have a gauge after the regulator but it cant be over 6 oz I dont think? As Tom said If you get too much pressure at your engine valve it will be very touchy to get the engine running right.