• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Mystery Machine, Lathe? Shaper? Tobacco Pipe Maker?

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Well now, I guess we'll see a line of pipes branded "Smoke Staks" by Dalmation Industries!
I do not have enough time for my current hobbies, last thing I need is another one........

From time to time I wonder how many machines I'd have if I had kept every one that has passed thru my hands, I'd need a really big warehouse, but it would be a helluva shop!

And now that I know for sure what they are and how they are used, the proper name for these is Frazing machines, or Fraising if you are a purist. Without that pipe still chucked into the one machine, I doubt I would have ever figured it out.

I will be placing the entire lot in the bay with a high price and make offer, if anyone here is interested use the make offer and send me a note on who you are, subscribers will get priority consideration.

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
No one ever bought these machines, and I don't see myself using them, or transporting them to Nv. So if anyone wants these and can pickup, or pay for transport, let me know ASAP because they are on the short list for the "bucket". Hate to do it, but I need to reduce the amount of stuff, and quit travelling.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Wish I was Closer. . .

Hope Somebody is able to take them off your hands and save them.

:salute:

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Got the same problem, too far away to make a trip for. More of an oddity for display , as pipe smoking isn't in vouge any more. Wonder what the shipping would be?

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Between the 2 lathes and pallet of cutters its about 1000lbs iirc, if we call it scrap metal might be able to get shipping down into 300 range. If shipped freight the pallet of cutters would need to be crated, then lathes on top to make it 1 pallet, and I'd probably have to pay a kid to do that as my back is not up to it, or I can just load into someones pickup.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
FWIW if anybody is considering shipping these you have some things to consider, floor space is $ on a tractor trailer, weight wont be a issue typical pallet 2000 Lbs. a LTL company would be best, LTL= less than trailer load. just about any company that pulls double trailers are a LTL. you also will save money if dal can get it on a pallet and to the terminal and you pick it up at the terminal on your end. wish i was still trucking, i could have put that on a trailer many, many times over the years!