• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

N.A.M.E.S. 2010 Exposition April 24-25

PTSideshow

Registered
Please note that the location and the dates are changed for this up coming Expo.

Will update it when new info becomes available.
:D

PTSideshow

Registered
Since the Fever is History for another year(cabin fever)
I was wondering if one of the moderators can exchange the above post for last years 2009 sticky notice at the top of the thread heading in this forum.
Thanks
:D glen

joneg

Registered
i would like to make it there this year. can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay at?
thanks
jon

PTSideshow

Registered
Re: Hotel/Motels N.A.M.E.S. 2010 Exposition April 24-25

Sorry it took so long to get back with an answer. As there are a number of new board members, due to retirements and moves to Florida, also some due to declining health issues.

Here is the Hotel/Motel list for the area around the NAMES location.

We started to install the piping for the air manifold system in the area. Yesterday, as somebody in the last couple of years had removed most of the piping. But it will be back in for the show. We will be using the east arena known as arena 'B'. and the meeting room near the dining/food service area to the east.

Sounds like we will have a full list of vendors as the booths and tables are all spoken for.

PTSideshow

Registered
Here is some more information and changes that might be of interest to those thinking of attending.

There will be a space as in the past for static display of large scale outdoor RR equipment. And the large scale tractors inside. Due to space limitations there will not be either an oval or straight section of track inside the arena area for running.

There is some thing being worked out about the local track and shuttle buses to and from the arena, Details as soon as they are available.

Seminar list should be available soon.

There are no Vendor Tables Available for this years (2010 Show) By city ordnance,there is no selling from trailer,trunk,car or free standing outdoors set ups. The city said it will be enforced!

Friday is set up day for exhibitors. Setup time is 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Friday.

Kelly Tytlandsvik

Subscriber
By no Vendor table......what do you mean? No private sales or no dealer sales or booths? That is half the show for some being able to pick up things that are not available locally to them!

Kelly T

PTSideshow

Registered
There are NO MORE VENDOR tables for rent at THIS YEAR SHOW 2010

There are over 120 tables including Booth tables that have been Rented for this year.

Also please read the following:

You can not sell from the exhibitor tables, And to clarify some statements e mailed to me. "NO" as far as I have been able to find "NO ONE" has ever been given permission to sell from the exhibitor tables at any time in the past. They are for display only. We have removed people in the last couple of years that have broken that rule.

This year due to space N.A.M.E.S. as a group, was not going to have a sales table for exhibitors as in past years.

But either the group or the guy that has run the exhibitors sales tables the last couple years. Has rented some vendor tables and is planning to let people sell items on the tables on a commission basis.
I have no other information on it. I also don't know if it is just him or the group he is with doing it. A live steam RR group out of Ohio.

Bottom line is if you sell it you better be on a VENDORS tables. And people have tried being sneaky about it. They don't get away with it much. As the other exhibitors, vendors and customers let us know!

The only other set in stone selling rule is NO Knives, Guns are allowed with open access on the tables or for sale.

By city ordnance,there is no selling from trailer,trunk,car or free standing outdoors set ups. The city said it will be enforced!

PTSideshow

Registered
2010 Seminar Schedule

The 2010 seminar schedule has been finalized. But due to circumstances beyond our control can be changed.

Once again this year we have a fine line-up of seminars for you to attend. All seminars will be in two areas. Seminar A and B will be located on the 2nd floor at the south end of the arena. Please look for the signs.

Saturday, April 24, 2010
Time--------Room------Presenter--------------Subject

10:00 AM-----A---------Mike Rehmus--------3D CAD to Casting

10:00 AM-----B---------Rich Carlstedt-------Unique Methods of Model Part Fabrication (Including "Micro" Forge)

12:00 PM-----A---------Dale Grover----------Getting Started With EMC, Free Open Source CNC Control Software

12:00 PM-----B---------Jerry Kieffer----------Basic Gear Cutting

2:00 PM------A---------Ron Ginger------------Adventures in Home Shop CNC

2:00 PM------B---------Rick Chownyk---------Building a Backyard Foundry

Sunday, April 25, 2010
Time------Room---------Presenter-----------Subject

10:00 AM-----A---------Phil Shannon---------Try This (35 Years Worth of Machining and Bench Tips)

10:00 AM-----B---------Dale Grover----------Getting Started With EMC, Free Open Source CNC Control Software

PTSideshow

Registered
For all the cinder sniffers, Since there will not be a track set up in the building or outside. There will be a free shuttle bus to take people to the south track of the Great Lakes Live Steamers and back to arena for rides.

There also will be a shuttle for people wanting to go shopping at the mall.

PTSideshow

Registered
Here is the layout as planned for 2010 show

Green Tables are the exhibitors tables
Red Tables are the vendors tables and Booths are two tables
NORTH is to the right of the drawing

And please the layout is not open for discussion, Due to City Fire and Safety Ordinances, walkways widths and pathways to the fire exits are set.

PTSideshow

Registered
Well all the air manifolds, are in area "B" and we are good to go for the show. They have a couple of more tournaments over the next couple of weeks ends then they will take the sheet of ice out.

Forrest A

Registered
Not having a consignment table, in my opinion, would hurt the show. I understand the logistics and wished I could offer some answers here to make it happen for the club. Who ever it is that is doing it this year, on their own, I thank you for keeping a good thing going for NAMES.

Forrest A

PTSideshow

Registered
Not having a consignment table, in my opinion, would hurt the show.
There will be a consignment table.

Same guy that has did it at the Seagate last couple of years.
The only difference this year is that NAMES will not be the ones collecting a share of the sales

{railroad(live steam) group Ron Mock} is renting the tables and collecting the consignment fees.

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
Looking forward to the show !

Is it my imagination or are you working with less space than you had at Southgate in previous years?

Gil

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
The last time I went to Southgate you had both arenas and they still had to move the big battleship off the tables to make room for my exhibit and a vendor and all this by mid day Friday.

Has the show shrunk a lot or are we going to be shoe-horned in there? I am hoping to not show up Friday afternoon and find no room to exhibit as we drive 650 miles to attend. I need to know so if called for I will bring just a couple pieces. Last year I brought 21 pieces... nearly all I have of the life's work of John McDivitt.

Gil

PTSideshow

Registered
I don't know what to tell you, as I'm not a director of NAMES I'm a volunteer, that sets up the show air lines and show equipment.

I would say that the answer is the same as they have been telling everybody this year. Don't bring everything you own just your best one or two.

Again if you have questions I suggest you contact one of the people at the start of this thread.
General Information or exhibitors tables Mike Danko Email
or call 419-708-1366 the number that's on the flyers.

BakerMaker

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/27/2019
I hope that some suitable accommodation can be reached. I was planning on attending NAMES this year and look forward to seeing Mr. Garceau's outstanding collection. And missing an opportunity to see much of Mr. McDivitt's life's work in one place would indeed be a loss :(

Dick Smith