• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

N.t.a. 2006

Jeff Smith

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/05/2018
Last year when I went to N.T.A. at Wauseon, Ohio, they played both the National Anthem and Canada's national anthem. I thought that it was nice that they respected our friends to the North that were attending the show and reciprocated their appreciation for them traveling to the show by playing their anthem.

I was wondering if this year N.T.A. is going to play the National Anthem in English & Spanish, and Canada’s national anthem?
(But if they are going to play the National Anthem in English & Spanish, shouldn’t they play Canada’s in English, French, & Spanish?) :bonk:

Seems like they may never get steam up if they have to sing National Anthems in every possible language represented in each of these two countries....:crazy:
.....they might have steam up in time for a spark show before they have to get up and go through every language again..........:crazy:

Jeff Smith:rant:

Farquhar

Registered
:D you gotta point Jeff. I was at the Dale& Marth Hawk museum show in ND a few yrs ago, & they did that too, as there a lot of Canadians there too. I too thought it a nice gesture, and a lot of the machinery, & some engines were from Canada-- it was about 50-75 miles to the border I think. It was a small, but exceptionally good show.

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
O' Canada
Terre de nos aieux
Ton front est sein
Des fleurons glorieux
Car ton bras
C'est porter l'epee
I'l c'est porter la croix
Ton histoire est une epopee
Des plus brilliants exploits
Et ta valeur
Du fois trompee
Protegera nos foyers
Et nos droits
Protegera nos foyers
Et nos droits.

Forgive mis-spelling and lack of accents on certain vowels. O ' Canada originally written in French language - very beautiful when sung properly. Set off with a nice steam whistle at the end would be fine. I expect the english version only would suffice at your show in Ohio though;) You may see all the Canucks out scrapping with hockey sticks when it is all over though.
G.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Jeff Smith said:
Last year when I went to N.T.A. at Wauseon, Ohio, they played both the National Anthem and Canada's national anthem. I thought that it was nice that they respected our friends to the North that were attending the show and reciprocated their appreciation for them traveling to the show by playing their anthem.

I was wondering if this year N.T.A. is going to play the National Anthem in English & Spanish, and Canada’s national anthem?
(But if they are going to play the National Anthem in English & Spanish, shouldn’t they play Canada’s in English, French, & Spanish?)

Seems like they may never get steam up if they have to sing National Anthems in every possible language represented in each of these two countries....
.....they might have steam up in time for a spark show before they have to get up and go through every language again..........

Jeff Smith:rant:
Jeff,

We respect our friends from the North, but still believe in the American way....ENGLISH!

That being said, if you wish to sing the anthems in the various languages, I'm sure Mr Brewer will hand you the mic!:eek: ...then we'll just happen to have a whistle fight!:D

Beth

Jeff Smith

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/05/2018
That is funny! I have never been in a whistle fight, or even heard of one.....

Jeff

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Jeff,

Surely you jest!

You won't forget it when you witness it.....all done with respect of course...that Reeves just vibrates the ground!:brows:

Beth

psward

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2012
Beth Vanarsdall said:
...that Reeves just vibrates the ground!:brows:
Wow that's an understatement!:eek: That whistle removes paint from buildings, vibrates people around like an old electric football toy, restacks the wood in the wood pile, sorts coal into like sizes, removes bark from trees, and seperates the tallow from the cylinder oil. NO KIDDING.

-Paul