• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

National Engineering Co. How many?

11thread

Registered
Hello all,

I recently acquired a National Engineering Company tank cooled engine (2.5 hp? missing tag) and was wondering how many others exist?
My engine is in running condition, however it is missing its original governor, carb, and gear driven water pump. If anyone could share some pictures of these parts or better yet, put me in touch with someone who may have them it would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Andy

The Engine Shed

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
09/08/2017
I have a 8hp National Engineering Engine and I have seen several of the smaller pumping engines at shows over the years , someone should be able to supply you with some photos .
I had some tags reproduced several years ago , I would have to do some digging but I think I still have some of them if you are interested in one I will look for one .
Tom

Len Spoelman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/25/2019
Hi Andy,
Give us some pictures of the engine. Shown already are 2 versions of National, Saginaw, Mi, not UK Natl. Joe is showing the first version with a threaded in igniter that uses a Lunk or Essex type carb on a long pipe. Mick is showing the last version with a cast carb. Intermediate version has a visable glass carb. Governors are pendulum style. There are at least 2 nametags used. Later styles were called New Model. Which one do you have? Single or 2 flywheel?

There are some around, but they are fairly rare. Do a search here and you should find some information.

Last edited:

11thread

Registered
First off, thank you all for the info its very very helpful
!

Tom, I would be very interested in a tag if you can find one.

My engine has a single flywheel on the right side, and according to the former owner was built with a glass carb. I will get some photos posted as soon as i can, probably a week Sat (I'm outta town working right now).

Thanks again
Andy

R

rwatson

I have just acquired single flywheel national engineering engine missing the brass tag I would like to purchase a tag from you if you have any left. Dick.

Len Spoelman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/25/2019
Which model is it? What carb and ignition does it have? The tags will vary. Have any pictures?

R

rwatson

I have a single flywheel, tank cooled, pendulum governed engine. Serial #2172. Missing mixer and fuel pump. The fuel pump is horizontal, mounted in a boss underneath the push rod. It is also missing the water pump. The engine is also running on Lunkenheimer mixer with gravity tank. I am interested in getting a tag and any other of things I'm missing to make engine complete. Any help or information would be appreciated.
I don't know how to send pictures through this site but can email them.
Dick

Alan New

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2009
The last picture that Joe Fidd posted is of my engine. Thanks Joe.

It is a 2 hp. serial number 1943. I had to make the ignitor and the top of the carburetor.

Years ago I had another 2 hp, somewhat later engine with double flywheels. It got away and I have no idea where it is now.

Alan

Attachments

Tim M

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/02/2015
This one is a hopper cooled , carb with cast iron cap ,
"dog bone" gov. on flywheel.I think it has a lot of original paint underneath.

Attachments