• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

National Graham Bradley and Sears Sold Tractors & Farm Equipment Show

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014
Hello Everyone! :wave: I thought I'd start this thread to show how this year's and each year into the futures "National Graham Bradley and Sears Sold Tractors & Farm Equipment Show" turned out. I am also wanting to use this thread to let everyone know when and where our club will be gathering, and anyone with interest in tractors of this kind can go to attend or display their tractors of this type. Each year we have 1 predetermined show that everyone will gather at to display their Graham Bradley or other Sears sold tractors at. As many of you may already know, the Graham Bradley, the Bradley, the Sears Economy, and the Thrifty Farmer are the main tractors that fall into the category of Sears sold tractors, all of which are uncommonly seen at shows. Each year we gather at a different show and one evening during the show we have a banquet to eat dinner. The first show we organized and met at was in 2006 at Penfield, Illinois and we have continually grown. I look forward to hearing from and meeting those of you who share the same interests in preserving these fine tractors and their history. I also am the editor of the "Graham Bradley and Sears Sold Tractors & Farm Equipment Newsletter," so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about anything.

This year's show was held in Greenville, Illinois at the American Farm Heritage Museum Show. We had a total of 39 featured tractors. 25 Graham Bradleys, 8 Sears Economys, 2 Bradleys, 1 Graham Paige Motors Expiremental, 2 Thrifty Farmers, and 1 Sears Handiman.

Below are some pictures showing this year's 2011 show.

Attachments

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014
Re: National Graham Bradley and Sears Sold Tractors & Farm Equiment Show

Here is a list of shows that we have scheduled to host the future "National Graham Bradley and Sears Sold Tractors & Farm Equipment Show."

2012 Tippecanoe Steam & Gas Power Show @ Lafayette, IN
2013 Fulton County Historical Power Show @ Rochester, IN
2014 Kalamazoo Valley Antique Engine & Machinery Show @ Kalamazoo, MI
2015 Badger Steam & Gas Engine Show @ Baraboo, WI
2016 I&I Antique Tractor & Engine Show @ Penfield, IL

Below are a few mores pics from the show.

Attachments

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014

Here are a couple better pictures of the Thrifty Farmer convertion kit tractors along with the Graham Paige Motors Expiremental.

Attachments

Jeff Lauber

Registered

Well i might be able to come to the Rochester one and bring some friends. We all have several yrs of Sears Handiman tractors.

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014

Well i might be able to come to the Rochester one and bring some friends. We all have several yrs of Sears Handiman tractors.
We'd love to have you guys!

Brasherman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019

Can't wait to see you in Kalamazoo! :D

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014

Just a reminder that this year's 2012 National Graham-Bradley and Sears Sold Farm Tractors Show will be held this coming week. August 2-4. Hope to see you there!

Tony Thompson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/18/2019

:wave:
Wonderful, I have plowed my thank you button under yet again so I must post to tell how much I really enjoyed all the pictures and information here :)
Tony

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014

Any word on the 2013 show?
Yep it will be held at the Fulton County Historical Power Show near Rochester, Indiana June 14-16. If anyone wants more info please ask.

I will try to get some pictures up on here in the next couple days showing some of the tractors on display at last year's 2012 "National Graham-Bradley and Sears Sold Farm Tractors Show."

Emmo213

Registered

I look forward to seeing the pictures of previous shows. I'm going to try to make the show this year, especially if there's a parts flea market or something similar. I've been casually looking for a GB so this sounds like a great place to go.

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014

I look forward to seeing the pictures of previous shows. I'm going to try to make the show this year, especially if there's a parts flea market or something similar. I've been casually looking for a GB so this sounds like a great place to go.
Emmo213-sounds great! If your interested I know of a collection of tractors that includes 2 Graham-Bradleys in Northwestern Ohio that the family is wanting to sell. Let me know if you'd like the contact info.

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014

As promised, here are a few pictures from the 2012 "National Graham-Bradley and Sears Sold Farm Tractors Show" that was held in West Lafayette, IN last year. We had a great turnout of 23 Graham-Bradleys, 7 Sears Economys, 1 Bradley, 1 Graham-Paige Expiremental, and 1 Thrifty Farmer. As you can tell from the pictures it was rather dry, brown grass everywhere!:wave: Everyone had a great time, the tent was very busy with everyone visiting and inspecting the 10 tractors we had under the tent. I tried to find pictures to post that didn't have people standing in the way of the camera, which was kind of hard to do...lol.:crazy:

Attachments

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014
Well we are less than 3 months away from this year's "National Gathering of Graham-Bradley and Sears Sold Farm Tractors Show" so I figured I better get up a few pics from last year's 2013 show that was held near Rochester, IN at the Fulton County Historical Power Show. The weather unfortunately turned out to be kind of rainy part of the time with some sunshine at times. Despite last year's late planting for some of the farmer's in our group, we still had a very nice turnout. We had 19 Graham-Bradleys, 7 Sears Economys, 2 Thrifty Farmers, and 1 Bradley.

We are very excited about this year's show held at the Kalamazoo Valley Antique Engine & Machinery Show at the Gilmore Museum June 27-29. We are expecting to have what could be our largest turnout ever since our club's first show!

If you have a Graham-Bradley, Bradley, Sears Economy, or Thrifty Farmer PLEASE make plans to attend this year's show. You won't regret it, it'll be a great time meeting lots of new people!

Attachments

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014
Hello Everyone!

One last reminder that this year's "National Graham-Bradley and Sears Sold Farm Tractors Show" will be starting next Friday June 27th-Sunday the 29th at the Kalamazoo Valley Antique Engine & Machinery Show at the Gilmore Car Museum. We are expecting to have the largest turnout we've ever had! We hope you are planning to attend and if you have a Graham-Bradley, Sears Economy, Bradley, or Thrifty Farmer please bring it too!:wave:

Attachments

weebz90

Registered
I had a great time at the Kalamazoo show this year! I had not been to this show before but it is probably one of the best shows I've ever been to! Met some great people in Michigan and got the opportunity to swap some stories. Plus I was able to debut the sears and roebuck at the national club show. Hopefully I will be able to make to Baraboo for the national show next year.

JFred

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2014
I had a great time at the Kalamazoo show this year! I had not been to this show before but it is probably one of the best shows I've ever been to! Met some great people in Michigan and got the opportunity to swap some stories. Plus I was able to debut the sears and roebuck at the national club show. Hopefully I will be able to make to Baraboo for the national show next year.
Hey thanks for coming, it was sure nice to meet you. I'm glad we got to see the Sears Economy, it sure was running smooth! Look forward to seeing you again in Baraboo, WI next year!