• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Nautical 50' steamboat sidewheeler

Macymae

Registered
There was a 50 foot steamboat in my hometown during the years 1880-1910. I would like to know what kind of power plant that had on it and the components used to power the sidewheelers. All I have information on is the design of the boat with a chimney. Photos are taken from a distance and when enlarged blur. Just looking for what probably would have been the boiler--engine and drive shaft components. Much appreciated.

Jake Jacobs

Registered
There was a 50 foot steamboat in my hometown during the years 1880-1910. I would like to know what kind of power plant that had on it and the components used to power the sidewheelers. All I have information on is the design of the boat with a chimney. Photos are taken from a distance and when enlarged blur. Just looking for what probably would have been the boiler--engine and drive shaft components. Much appreciated.
May be something here for you to look at. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxhD7r7jyyU