• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Need Help Identifying Military Generator/Welder

It's worth a whole lot more if it's running and generating, but the baseline is very abitrary, and dependant upon it's location, transportation, loading, etc.

Generators are like firemen, soldiers, and lawyers- when you don't need them, they're too expensive.

When you're in an ice storm, all the lines are down, and your house is getting cold, or there's a hurricane parked above you and you're doing everything to keep the water out of your basement, a good, strong generator is nothing short of priceless.

All prices start by calculating scrap value, then go up from there. This is a serious, industrial-strength machine- it's no sissy in terms of output, or duty cycle, or durability, or maintainability... once you have it set up right, and maintained, you will NOT be able to hurt it... and while it may not have the whiz-bang microprocessor controls, no NEW machine less than $60k will be able to match it's performance...

And it will NOT be rendered unuseable by a casual EMP... and it will NOT be rendered unuseable by a dead battery... magneto and a crank is all it needs.
SO OK HOW WOULD YOU CRANK IT WITH OUT A BATTERY

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
If it's smaller, one could wrap a rope around the pulley, but like Wayne, I use the crank. Turn on the fuel, push the primer button, lift the magneto ground, and pull it past TDC twice. On the third, it'll have fuel, and fire right off.

If it's my wife or daughter, they step on the crank. My son is strong enough now to pull it.

If it's smaller, one could wrap a rope around the pulley, but like Wayne, I use the crank. Turn on the fuel, push the primer button, lift the magneto ground, and pull it past TDC twice. On the third, it'll have fuel, and fire right off.

If it's my wife or daughter, they step on the crank. My son is strong enough now to pull it.
so anybody know the model number is

Im happy yo report thanks to the advice of this forum and a little old fashion care she is running and welding beautifully with no problems. The generator produced 2.9kw at full high rev and is quite the gas guzzler but your right. It pretty amazing in the right hands. just gotta work on little stuff. But after 25 years of hidding under tarp and beong forgot aboht I now have an awsome hobart powered by a hurcules flat top. Thanks from the bottom of my blue collar heart.

Bent Trigger

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/03/2019
Yeah, anything Military will drain the tank post-haste. Fuel is not their main concern, only operation when needed! Good Job on staying with it, let's see some pics of some welds! Even test welds on a piece of flat stock! Chris