• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Need IHC Corn Sheller Information

Eugene-H

Registered
Jeb,

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a couple more pictures of the one I have.. I've read a lot of the older post but I was hoping some new information may have been found.

Thanks Again,
Eugene

Attachments

Jebaroni

Registered
There is a cast bracket that supports the blower fan. Later units didn't use that piece and substituted a flat steel strap. Can you get a casting number off of that bracket? We can at least use that to narrow down the range a bit.

Eugene-H

Registered
Tom
I just wiped it with water to get a picture. It’s still dusty. It came out of an old barn. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to try to restore it and paint it or just clean it up and leave it original.

Thanks
Eugene

---------- Post added at 08:03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55:57 PM ----------

Jeb,

It’s 2017 on each bracket of the blower fan.

Thanks
Eugene

Jebaroni

Registered
Used on IHC shellers from 1912-1923. I mis-spoke in the other thread. The literature indicates IHC made steel shellers from 1912-1949.

Attachments

Jebaroni

Registered
It is the SH-1 Master Parts Catalog for Corn Shellers. It covers the one-hole (steel only, no wooden units) and the two-hole spring shellers, and various cylinder shellers. Decal information is not included, only physical parts. I also have various owner's manuals from different years that sometimes give some tracking data, but do not include the years that a particular part number was used.

FYI, IHC also made an FG-1 master parts catalog for feed grinders which gives similar information. I have that book as well. Both were gotten for about $25 each a few years back through eBay.

Eugene-H

Registered
Jeb,

One thing I noticed on the bracket supporting the turn handle on the one I have is that the middle support is straight where it goes up to the top to connect.Most pictures that I see, it has a curve to it. Mine has had some welding repairs to it in the bottom corner, but it is originally straight. Have you seen this before?

Thanks,
Eugene

Attachments

Jebaroni

Registered
I hadn't noticed that before. Up through 1923, IHC used 3 different part numbers for that piece: #2012, #2012A, and #2139. After 1923, they used #2326, which is what I believe I have. I think I can make out 2139 on yours. If so, the MPC indicates that part was used from 1915-1923. Good catch!

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
Wow, I don't check stak often so I missed this. These super early 1 hole all steel units are hard to find. Only thing I would do to that is oil it. I've only ever seen one other. Great find.

EmersonFan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2020
We just moved two corn shellers - an IHC and a New Idea - from an oveflow storage area in to the museum - I'll be taking some good pictures and posting here with questions very soon.
the first thing I will check is to see if the IHC had a pony on it.

Mike England, member, volunteer BOD, PAMA - Paulson's Ag Museum of Argyle.