• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

need information on Kohler Generator 45RZ82

gsw

I own a kohler 45rz82 serial 363954,spec pa-183238-82N it is natural gas and has engine csg-6491-6005-f. It has a outdoor cover. The muffler/silencer has gone bad and I need a new one. I do not have a parts manual does anyone know where I can get a manual or the part number for the muffler and where I might find the muffler?IMG_2928.JPGIMG_2928.JPG

Birken Vogt

Email NOT Working
If you can even find this part in the Kohler system it is likely to be extremely expensive and take forever if you can get it at all.

Instead, call around for exhaust system suppliers in your area. Probably it will have to be custom built but if you find the right rep they can make anything for you.

But you might try Kohler first, they may surprise you.

gsw

I have found the part at local Kohler distributor and your right its expensive. For everything its over a thousand. I have the part number its C5TZ-5230-C any help locating one used or less expensive would be greatly appreciated. Also I have seen some similar units that have been modified and look to have a tractor muffler, do you think this may work?

Tracy T

Subscriber
any muffler will work, however it may not be as quiet or last as long. two key things come to mind, keeping rain water out of the exhaust and cracking the manifold due to vibration. i would try to modify something that is as close to the orignal design as possible. geesh a grand for a muffler........

Birken Vogt

Email NOT Working
I have found the part at local Kohler distributor and your right its expensive. For everything its over a thousand. I have the part number its C5TZ-5230-C any help locating one used or less expensive would be greatly appreciated. Also I have seen some similar units that have been modified and look to have a tractor muffler, do you think this may work?
I have seen a lot of cobbled together mufflers and they all stink. Maybe it is worth it to just pay the big bucks and get one that just fits and is quiet and keeps the water out.

Tracy T

Subscriber
i googled that part number and came up with a ford truck muffler? if you gave the dimensions etc to somebody like walker i bet they could hook you up with a direct replacement.

Zephyr7

Most of these mufflers aren’t very complicated in their construction. If your old one is still together enough for you to see how it’s built, you could probably get a welding or metal shop to make a copy for you with new materials. That might be an option for you if you can’t find a suitable unit to buy.

Bill