• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Need Kohler 245445 (Delco 816-24V) replacement

Kenny Crenshaw

Registered
I am in need of a replacement relay for my 6.5 KW L600 Kohler generator. My relay is mounted upside down (from the factory) and got moisture in it and is now ruined. It looks like a very simple 24 volt relay that should not be hard to source in a modern version. There is a used on one on Ebay right now, but i would rather not take a chance on it if there is a modern replacement. We use 12 volt relays all of the time here at work, I would assume that there is a 24 volt equivalent. Thanks.

Attachments

Power

Registered
First place I would look would be truck supplies. Many trucks run 24 volt sysstems.
Second place military surplus/ supplies. All mil equipment has been 24 volt for many years.

Zephyr7

Registered
+1 for looking at truck part places. You should be able to find a cube relay with a 24v coil no problem.

A lot of the military stuff will be labeled for 28v but will work fine in a 24v system is almost all cases. I doubt very much you’d have any problem with a relay.

Bill