New Board for SHOWS and Swaps

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

These events surround several of our boards so I thought it to be important that it have its own section on our site. Whether this will work or not is up to you. It might eliminate the need for double posting an event.

Tinker 64

Can we get more accurate address's for the shows? I would like to go to the Smithburg WV show but do not want to drive 3 hours and not be able to find it.. Ether Proper Address or a GPS position would be great.. Should be required for ALL events for those of us whom have never been to that event before.. Then I could just plug it into GPS and go..

Craig A

Staff member
bob......you'll have to find them via your favorite search engine.

If someone promoting a show doesn't use the great, free, service provided here nothing will show up here....... :(

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Can we get more accurate address's for the shows? I would like to go to the Smithburg WV show but do not want to drive 3 hours and not be able to find it.. Ether Proper Address or a GPS position would be great.. Should be required for ALL events for those of us whom have never been to that event before.. Then I could just plug it into GPS and go..
Would you believe that a lot of show and swap posts don't include a city or state, let alone how to find it. I guess I need better data entry software that makes them fill in the form, but in the meantime, I moderate, edit and manually approve all entries. Everyone "knows" where THEIR show is and they think that everyone else does too. Also, I SPELL OUT the name of the state as postal abbreviations might be meaningless to folks in other countries.

jgreen416

I was all set to go to the Florida Flywheelers show 11/9 & 11/10 when my wife took ill and we were unable to make it. Would any Stakkers that went to show please post pictures.
Thanks
JG

Jim Walker

Subscriber
Hi from Le Sueur, Minnesota home of the 2014 Pioneer Power Swap Meet. For those of you concerned about the weather and grounds conditions today was beautiful, sunny and 60 degrees. This week temperatures in the 60-70 range which should improve the grounds and parking area with excellent drying conditions. So make plans to attend the swap meet the end of April. It will be a great time as usual.
Jim Walker, New Prague:)

IHCman

Hello, anyone bringing any hit/miss engines to sell at the UP steam and gas engine show this year in Escanaba Micahigan? Got rained out last year, hopefully it'l be a better show this time around.