• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

New Tractor, Old Fordson!

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
wanted to share a few pics of a fordson my younger brother and I went to fetch over the weekend. overall,it looks to be a good project. was told it didn't run in several yrs. owner also had some more wheels in the shed that i couldn't leave behind! :O

Attachments

Russ Hamm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2024
Re: new tractor, old fordson!

Great deal, steel AND rubber round spokes.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Is that governor driven off the belt? We bought a unit for ours and it is driven off the timer drive, the same place as the mag is driven. I had thought I could use both the mag and gov on the tractor but ran into the drive issue. I can only use one or the other but not both as they both drive off the timer.

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
Is that governor driven off the belt? We bought a unit for ours and it is driven off the timer drive, the same place as the mag is driven. I had thought I could use both the mag and gov on the tractor but ran into the drive issue. I can only use one or the other but not both as they both drive off the timer.
Yes, small pulley rides the belt.

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
Replaced some valves and gaskets few weeks back and was able to get the fordson started for a short time today as mom was cooking the Christmas dinner. We believe the tractor didn’t run in at least 10-15yrs. Little more tinkering needed yet. Previous owner installed 40 over pistons and governor pulley rolling on that belt felt like turning over a house trailer but we got it started. :). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mPl7gQ6YVfg

BHoward

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/04/2018
Did those Fordsons originally come out without a governor, I have always wondered that?