New Way advice

prybar

I have a 1904 New-Way Model A upright two-and-a-half 3 and 1/2 horsepower. I am also the guy that reversed engineered a original shroud from this engine back in 2009/2010. I really don't have much interest in making the shrouds. I made all of the dies, pan brake and spring break. These are so close to original you can't tell unless you get really close, like 6 in away. Although I've had probably 50 request over the last 8 years I have never reproduced anymore. I made six of them originally sold probably four to offset my it cost for Machining my dies. There was one even offered for sale on eBay for $300 or $399 a few months ago. But I'm going to part with this stuff oh, really don't know how to go about it. Your average Joe wouldn't have a clue about this so how do you sell it? A nice addition to a repop Co? I will post some other pics as well.

Attachments

ScooterBob

Subscriber
Maybe get ahold of the guy that owns Flywheel Supply in Iowa, a growing company that make a lot of the parts they sell now.

prybar

I appreciate that, it has to be someone that's serious.
I reversed engineered it, mechanically drew it, machined all of the parts for the dies and made them. 100% American, the drawing was made off of a zero X Y axis so it can be easily done on a LaserJet or water jet, all drew in decimals with tolerances. I blocked out some of the information on the drawings because it was too hard to figure it out to begin with. No shrouds were damaged in the making of the prototypes.

highpockets003

...But I'm going to part with this stuff oh, really don't know how to go about it. Your average Joe wouldn't have a clue about this so how do you sell it? A nice addition to a repop Co? I will post some other pics as well.

So are you trying to sell your engine OR the tooling OR your left-over shroud stock - am confused.

And - what price are you asking for either or all of it?

Kevin O. Pulver

Email NOT Working
I appreciate that, it has to be someone that's serious.
I reversed engineered it, mechanically drew it, machined all of the parts for the dies and made them. 100% American, the drawing was made off of a zero X Y axis so it can be easily done on a LaserJet s.
Wow, it looks like you did a tremendous job on these! And I appreciate the amount of work and the Quality you put into these reproductions.
But when you say, "they must be serious" I get the impression but you are wanting quite a bit of money for these.

In another earlier post you said you I had maybe 50 request over the last 8 years or something like that.
What you did was definitely a labor of love, but I don't think that there is a huge Market for New-Way shrouds and terms of investing for a business.

I guess "serious" is a relative term, but I hope you are able to get a price and a buyer that can fit your expectations. Thank you for sharing these with us, and they would certainly be a great asset to the relatively few numbers of New-Way owners who need one!