• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

New Zealand Quake

Kirk Taylor

Registered
Everybody ok down under? I see there was a fairly significant tremblor on your side.
That was two hours ago and it's still registering on the seismographs here in the States.

Kirk

Merv C

Registered
Re: Quake

Yes there was, but it was in an uninhabited part of south west of the South Island NZ, and no significant damage occurred. It was felt through out most of the S.I. Although we are in the central S.I. our family felt nothing.
So all is good
Merv.

Oldsiron

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/17/2013
Re: Quake

All good here in Roo Land :wave: but I noticed our East Coast is under tsunami warning :eek:

Last edited:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I herd they got another earth quake and moved a foot towards Australia.

Cheers, Will
Heard something about that on the radio yesterday but they hurried throught it without much information. Did it just shift one land mass, or did the whole earth shrink a few inches in diameter like they say it did with the big earth quake/tsunami in Dec. 04 ??? It's a small world afterall, it's a small world afterall, it's a small world.... I forget the rest of that dumb song.:shrug:

Should help counteract the global warming at least. They keep blaming that el-nino and/or la-nina for drastic weather changes in the U.S., when it's just a small warm or cold spot the size or Rhode Island in the middle of the Ocean. Tsunami's turn 1/2 the ocean upside down bringing all of that cold water to the surface which changes the jet stream and ocean currents around the globe......If you thought the weather's been wacky the last 10-20 years, just wait for what's coming.....:eek::eek::eek:

Merv C

Registered
I herd they got another earth quake and moved a foot towards Australia.

Cheers, Will
So they say, If this keeps up Australia will become part of NZ and all you Aussies will become Kiwi's. We would hate that because we wouldn't be able to beat the Aussies at rugby any more.
Merv.

jopeter

Registered
Merv .....you may have seen elsewhere that I have been trying to contact Peter Noonan in NZ , it's a long shot but do you know him?

Merv C

Registered
OK Jopeter, I will ask around.
My son is in WA, Busselton, I have been over a few times , I may try to make it to Albany for the next national rally
Merv

cobbadog

Registered
Less than a week ago we had one here that was only 50 kilometers off the coast of where we live (near Taree NSW). Luckily it was a very small tremor and no damage done. It did rock the house and the blinds shook like crazy but all is well.

jopeter

Registered
Merv and Trevor..........sorry I dont know anything about Peter . The reason I wanted to contact him was that some tme back he posted about a Pioneer Gen -E- Motor.I wanted to share some info with him . North or South Island ,I have no idea ! He may surface again one day ,thanks anyway ,I dont know what he collects.

john gilbert

Registered
Hi Merv c , what do you mean by beat us Ozies at Rugby is there one for sale ??? I always thught they were a very nice old car. great old piece of old iron, cheers john

Merv C

Registered
G,day John
You are right about the old iron bit, Rugby's were a nice car.
The All Blacks beat the Wallaby's again last night, The Bledisloe cup stays here for another season.
Regards
Merv.