• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

New Zealand Trip

Lou Quirch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/13/2019
We are going to New Zealand in December. Flying to Auckland and then to Christchurch.
I would like to meet some engine and car collectors.
I heard about a truck museum that we should not miss.
We will be there over three weeks.
Thanks,
Lou

Merv C

Registered
Lou, The truck museum is in Invercargill and is a "must see" along with the Motorbike Museum there.
A word of warning, You won't see much of our country in three weeks.
I am two hours south of Christchurch. I can put you onto some of the collectors in the area. There are some good collections in the North Island and in the Auckland area but I don't know those guys

Send me an email.

Merv.

Ironman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2011
If I remember correctly, I was thinking that you were also into aircraft. If you get a chance, contact Warren Denholm at AVspecs Limited to see if it would be possible to stop by and visit, and perhaps view some of the current projects in their shop. They are located on Ardmore Airfield. They are known around the world for their DeHavilland Mosquito, Spitfire, P-40 and other aircraft restorations.

Lou Quirch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/13/2019
Thanks,
I know three weeks is not enough time to see the whole country.
We are going to visit a friends mom that lives in Christchurch. Her family had a sawmill in the area.
We rented a car and will be going off by ourselves a lot of the time.
Ironman, good memory, I'm into flying. I will check them out if possible.
We will be visiting the truck museum and the motorbike museum.
If we get around Wellington, we'll check the Southward.
Please keep it coming,
Thanks again,
Lou

Mike Unwin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/05/2016
A tv show in Canada called Mighty Trains just visited New Zealand and Australia and if you have time to ride they looked amazing .The one in Australia was called The Gan short for Afghanistan where the camel drivers who help build the line came from .The New Zealand was very scenic .Cheers Mike