• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Next National Rally

Kerry Morris

Registered
Tonight Mudgee NSW was voted to hold the next National starting 19 April (I Believe) in two years time, only nomination
Kerry

Russell Gilbert

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/17/2009
Better finish off that shed of yours Kerry so we can all drop in for an engine day on the way through!

Michaely

Registered
Mudgee,

thats great! I'll be there 2 one way or another. Good to see it happening within a few hours drive of home.

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
That is great news, except now I have to try and decide what to take. I guess I had better finish one of my projects :O
Patrick

Rob.S

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/15/2014
there should be a few good engine sheds to see over this way Russell

Russell Gilbert

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/17/2009
Rob I think I better bring a little bit more spare time with me than I normally do! Just thinking the dates Kerry posted ....... would that be easter 2013?

Rob.S

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/15/2014
I know of 5 good engine sheds within 30ks from me that are werth a look and im prety sure they will be happy to show of their stuff

Mick

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
great to hear the rally is back over this side of australia and i am betting you will see some real quality iron at this next national rally, not saying there was at previous national rallys, but becuase of it "central location"
it should bring some great stuff out of the wood work and from what i am hearing it will be awesome!, but on another note on national rallys, i noticed at the murray bridge rally and at nationals prior to that there was always a few clubs going for the national, at murray bridge nationalthat it was mudgee club and WA club going for the national and of course WA got it, but this round, mudgee was the only club to come forward, will any other clubs be going for the 2015 national rally or will mudgee be the last? what would the NHMA do if no one puts for the 2015 rally??
cheers
mick

Steve Webre

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/11/2019
Kerry and Gang,

Still in the "far-off" planning stages, but the SEL Yanks are intending a fair size invasion for the 2013 Rally. Most are very respectable but a few others might sneak in. Watching your wallets and chaining down the engines might be advisable.

Kerry Morris

Registered
G'Day Steve
Will be great to see you all down under, although not as big as Portland there should be some great stuff.
Got my eyes open for the problem ones :)
Kerry

jopeter

Registered
The last National Rally in WA was in 1997. Many thanks to those of you who made the trip over here for the Fairbridge Rally . Please remember that for those of you in the eastern states travelling to rally's on your side of the country is relatively easy and you have many more such events . We in WA do not have the luxury of shorter distances . Obviously many of you are glad to have the next National on your side of the country . The organisers of the Fairbridge Rally put so much effort and planing into the event .I for one appreciated their efforts and wish to congratulate them . It may not have pleased everyone but those of you from the eastern states that I met seemed to appreciate the event .

Russell Gilbert

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/17/2009
No ill feelings at all ! The national is an Australian event and should be shared. Just happens that the greater population is in the east. Not all can afford the time and costs etc to head so far for the hobby. the next National being so central next time around will see a great turn out Im sure. The Qld rally was still a little to hard to get to for me. Lets hope the next rally committee put in the same effort as the WA guys to make a similar success.
Russell

Rusty Engines

eMail NOT Working
Not all can afford the time and costs
Three of us went from Townsville to Fairbridge and shared the onsite accommodation and shared the hire car. Flew out Thursday flew back Monday, all up with meals the cost came very close to $1,000 each
Ian

Michaely

Registered
Three of us went from Townsville to Fairbridge and shared the onsite accommodation and shared the hire car. Flew out Thursday flew back Monday, all up with meals the cost came very close to $1,000 each

Bargain eh?

jopeter

Registered
The last National Rally in NSW was in 1999, your point being...
My point Patrick is that where ever there is a National Rally in the Eastern States the distance is less to get to it than if you are travelling from WA or for that matter Tasmania or North Queensland . That of course is unavoidable ,I just got the impression that there may have been a hint of ,Keep Natonals in the Eastern States . Like you with regards Fairbridge ,I wont be going to Mudgee for several reasons distance being one of them .When WA gets it's next turn I wont be around .
Having said all that it was good to put faces to names .