• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Next R&V Expo?

George Best

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2019
Just wondering when the next big R&V Expo will be and where?

Not really interested in know what shows are featuring R&V engines, unless that show is being considered THE R&V EXPO and the show that R&V collectors from all over will attend.

I'd like to attend the next Expo, but need enough heads up time to be ready for one. Plus dates would also help, to know if my publication demands would be preventing me from attending.

jbo.aermotor

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
George,
Looks like you will have too start one? Sense you are now retired ,you lots of time to plan a R&V Expo?

George Best

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2019
Ha! I just asked as I know it will take me a long time to get ready to attend one. Plus a R&V Expo in the western states isn't likely to happen and doubtful you could get the midwestern collectors to travel all the way out west.

Paul Searl

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2018
The idea has been thrown around about Geneseo IL AE&TA (just outside the Moline/Rock Island/Davenport metro, the new grounds are actually closer than the old grounds) )about trying to host another R&V event; 2016 would be the earliest we'd be looking at. The board now has a couple of gas engine guys on it again who would like to see another event like the 2003 expo. We don't have many active engine guys anymore, especially with R&V's, but Dad (who was just elected to the board) & I have a strong interest in them and would be willing to take an active roll in an event. The question would be if theres interest from the R&V guys on coming back to Geneseo.

George Best

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2019
Paul,

I'm assuming that would be the third weekend in September 2016. If that's the case and you do have a real R&V Expo I would certainly consider making the 3500 mile round trip.

George

Dan Anderson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2019
My 6 hp is not ready for a show but it would be fun to know where a R&V show would be, and even if there were pics

Paul Searl

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2018
George, the show is always the second weekend after laborday. 2016 would be the earliest it would be done. at this point, its something thats just been tossed around, and we haven't been in contact with anyone on actually making it the expo, but its something we would be very interested in exploring and making the invitation for if there was interest. The 2003 was really the last good year for the club with engines, and there is a group of us that would really like to bring some real engine events back.