• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Niphan? Circa 1917 Fittings

grumit

Registered
hello,i am restoring part of general haigs headquarters train used in france in 1917/18,LNWR 155,there were electric and telephone cables running along the 14 carriage train and i am trying to find a source of electrical fittings catalogues (Niphan ?) that may have pictures of the hook up cable fittings that would have been on the end of the carriage to join all the different carriages wiring together,if i can see a catalogue i can work out what was likely to have been fitted and then find some fittings,they are only for show so a 3d scan would be enough and i get them printed,if you have anything that may be of help or can you suggest a source it would be appreciated,thanks,tony trude

Pete Deets

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Re: Niphan? circa 1917 fittings

Hello Tony,
Sounds like quite a fun project. I would also suggest you try posting the same question at www.rypn.org . In case you're not familiar with them it is Railway Preservation Network and may also be able to help.........PD