• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Northwest Antique Power Association Show

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
If any of you are going to be in the northwest this weekend and have no idea what to do with your time, the Northwest Antique Power Association, here in Montana's Flathead Valley will be having our 13th annual show at Pioneer Memorial Park, across Highway 2 from the Glacier International Airport, north of Kalispell (south of Whitefish and Columbia Falls), Montana, this Saturday and Sunday. There will be signs in the highway ditch at mile marker 129.9 and the show ground is 1/2 mile east.
Gary Yaeger
Publicity Chairman

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
Yes, I am a steam man... and there will be steam plowing, threshing and sawmilling, I just didn't want to push my favorite pastime too hard on this forum.
Gary;)

Last edited:
Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
I just wanted to bring this to the top one more time, as I've been gone all day and will be tomorrow and through the weekend. Things are shaping up and rolling in. I neglected to mention that we have free camping area, just no hookups. Potable water is available on a somewhat limited basis, but available.
Thanks and enjoy your engines this weekend if you can't be present for our show.
Sincerely,
Gary;)

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
I got some photos of the 2006 - 13th Annual NWAPA show taken by Whitefish High School student Kayla Crooks. Her WHS Power and Energy teacher, Chris Ruffatto, gave extra credit to students attending the antique power show, but they had to report when back at school. Kind of unique for modern educational standards?

I don't know much about old engines so I will just post the pictures. The first is an IHC, the second shows a variety of small engines and the last is of a Galloway.
Gary;)

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
I posted this photo over in the Lugs & Cleats forum, but it kind of fits here too? This is some kind of "make a tractor" with a Novo.
Gary;)

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
I was trolling and snagged an old boot, an old car tire and this thread, and I brought them all to the surface.

These are just more "stuff" at the 2006 NWAPA show. The first is a closeup of the tranny of the "tractor" and engine in the last post. The other two are pump jack setups, as is obvious.
Gary;)

Attachments

BDMelon

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/29/2008
:eek: :uhoh: Gary ! are you sneekin over here to the good side of the tracks :rolleyes: lol,,,lol boy that show looks great , enjoy your
other threads too, Gary..... 2 thumbs up!!!!!

:j: MELON

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
BD MELON,
You are a very kind man! I am faithful to my wife, but my steam engine...:shrug: Oh well, it knows about the F-14s, the TD-40 TracTracTor, Farmall H, the Model T Coupe, the Model TT, the Fairbanks 6 & 3hp and my Sattley. But the old Case engine knows I always come back and beg forgiveness.:brows:
Gary;)

Actually where my Case steam engine really goes ballistic, is when I'm in my son, Mike's shed with his REEVES steam engine!:j:

Last edited:
Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
BD Melon will undoubtedly catch me lurking on this side of the tracks again? Sorry pardner, just don't tell the guys on the other side of the tracks. Friend Dick Tombrink sent me some more pictures of some of the engines at the 2006 NWAPA show near Kalispell, Montana.
Gary;)

Attachments

Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
I couldn't sleep last night, so got out an old shoebox of photos in my closet and bumped into this photo taken at the first Northwest Antique Power Association spring crankup taken at my place when I lived near Whitefish, Montana.
Gary;)

Attachments

Kevin O. Pulver

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
Gary,
I'd sure love to be at your show.
I haven't visited the Big Sky Country for probably 30 years. (missoula)
It's sorta out of the way from Nebraska!
It looks like gorgeous area. Enjoy, Kevin