• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Northwest Thresher Co

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
I don't know how many still exist :shrug: but there is one in the Jerred Ruble collection at Forest City, Iowa. I believe he bought it at Steam Engine Joe's (Rynda) auction.

Tim Colwell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
gratis
The Northwest and Giant engine From Rynda's went to Ken Eder unless Jerred recently purchased one from the family. I had a running count of Northwests at one point only a handful remain. Much like the Aultman-Taylors the boilerplate was pretty thin from the factory. So if you do find one chances are the boiler is shot.

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
There used to be a Northwest sitting by Spooner WI. It changed hands last fall.

Roger Byrne

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
I checked with Jerred, and I was wrong about the Northwest. Tim in right as to the location of the Stillwater built engines from the Rynda sale. I stand corrected.

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
Beautiful Minnesota-made traction engines! Both the return-flu and the straight thru's.
Where are the other stacks on that last photo? Wood lagged beauty in the lead.
We can hear the gears growling if we think about it.