• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Not cancelled shows and swaps

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Finally Got Word (after three months of "Rumors" it was cancelled), that the STEPHENSON COUNTY ANTIQUE ENGINE CLUB in Freeport IL Will Be Having a Show This Year. (unless things change for the worse {More Worser} between now & Then)

However, Due to the County Fair Changing Their Dates Again forcing us Out Next Year and only giving us 3 Days to Set Up on the Fairgrounds This Year, Along with the COVID Restrictions, it was decided to Move The 51st Annual Show From The Fairgrounds, Down the Road to the Club's "Silver Creek Museum" and "Silver Creek & Stephenson Rail Road" and Shorten it to a TWO DAY Show August 8th & 9th 2020

May or May Not be any Threshing, and No Sawmill as it will need to be moved from the Fairgrounds and then try to find a spot for a new permanent location.

But There Will Be Train Rides, Antique Cars, Trucks, Tractors, and Engines, as well as (I Assume) the Barrel-Stave Mill and Shingle Mill which can easily be moved down from the Fairgrounds. Possibly Blacksmith Demonstrations using what equipment can be easily moved and temporarily set up. Had one lady ask about setting up her Spinning Wheel, possibly inside the museum.

The 130 Ton Cooper Corliss Steam Engine Will Be Open for Viewing but Not Running as it was decided it wasn't worth messing with it for 2 open dates before shutting it down and Winterizing it. It is Still a Sight To See Though, Running or Not.

No Word Yet on the Tractor Pulls for this year. The boys that handle that wanted to keep it at the Fairgrounds even after moving the rest of the Show down the road Next Year. With the COVID situation And Short Notice, they may or may not be doing anything this year, though I see no reason Not To, using the Clubs old "Stone-Boat" Sled for an "Old-School" pull instead of hiring a "professional" Sled to come in. (but That's just MY Thoughts on it)

If Anything Changes, I Will Post an Update as soon as I hear anything.

:salute:

Bob N

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/01/2020
Hi

Good to hear but not sure why it needed to be moved, the county fair was cancelled, ie should have more than the 3 days mentioned below, so why not use the fair grounds as usual? If the fair grounds has COVID restrictions what is the Antique Engine Club doing to mitigate them? Just looking for what restrictions will need to be observed ie masks etc.
Thanks
Bob

Finally Got Word (after three months of "Rumors" it was cancelled), that the STEPHENSON COUNTY ANTIQUE ENGINE CLUB in Freeport IL Will Be Having a Show This Year. (unless things change for the worse {More Worser} between now & Then)

However, Due to the County Fair Changing Their Dates Again forcing us Out Next Year and only giving us 3 Days to Set Up on the Fairgrounds This Year, Along with the COVID Restrictions, it was decided to Move The 51st Annual Show From The Fairgrounds, Down the Road to the Club's "Silver Creek Museum" and "Silver Creek & Stephenson Rail Road" and Shorten it to a TWO DAY Show August 8th & 9th 2020

May or May Not be any Threshing, and No Sawmill as it will need to be moved from the Fairgrounds and then try to find a spot for a new permanent location.

But There Will Be Train Rides, Antique Cars, Trucks, Tractors, and Engines, as well as (I Assume) the Barrel-Stave Mill and Shingle Mill which can easily be moved down from the Fairgrounds. Possibly Blacksmith Demonstrations using what equipment can be easily moved and temporarily set up. Had one lady ask about setting up her Spinning Wheel, possibly inside the museum.

The 130 Ton Cooper Corliss Steam Engine Will Be Open for Viewing but Not Running as it was decided it wasn't worth messing with it for 2 open dates before shutting it down and Winterizing it. It is Still a Sight To See Though, Running or Not.

No Word Yet on the Tractor Pulls for this year. The boys that handle that wanted to keep it at the Fairgrounds even after moving the rest of the Show down the road Next Year. With the COVID situation And Short Notice, they may or may not be doing anything this year, though I see no reason Not To, using the Clubs old "Stone-Boat" Sled for an "Old-School" pull instead of hiring a "professional" Sled to come in. (but That's just MY Thoughts on it)

If Anything Changes, I Will Post an Update as soon as I hear anything.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Hi

Good to hear but not sure why it needed to be moved, the county fair was cancelled, ie should have more than the 3 days mentioned below, so why not use the fair grounds as usual? If the fair grounds has COVID restrictions what is the Antique Engine Club doing to mitigate them? Just looking for what restrictions will need to be observed ie masks etc.
Thanks
Bob
I wasn't given ALL the details on it, but you're right, with the Fair Cancelling we Should have had more than three days to set up again.

I don't know if the Fair-Board up and Raised The Rent Again to make up for Their Losses or if it was just decided that with the likelihood of have a Lot Smaller Crowd This Year that it just wasn't worth paying to rent the grounds anymore (for 3 days Or a Full Week Before the show). We Were Going to Have to Move Next Year Anyway, or else change Our Dates Again because of Them Changing Their Dates on us.

As For the COVID Restrictions, they are planning on following ALL the State & Local Guidelines, and hopefully be able to enforce them better than some of the Stores have luck in doing so with all the people that Ignore them.

That Being Said, it's Still a Month Away, and if we end up getting hit with the "Second-Wave" of Corona, it could end up being cancelled again between Now & Then. Just letting people know that AS OF NOW, It Is a GO with the Changes as noted.

Casemaker

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/04/2020
Riverbend in mich still going...
Rushville indiana still going
Rockriver wisc (will decide july 8th)
American threshers Illinois in aug