• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

NTA most memorable experience

Frick1909

eMail NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/06/2015
I had one of the most memorable experiences at NTA ever. After 38 years I finally caught up with my Grand- fathers Keck. Engine # 1743 owned by Coe Emmans of Mason MI. After introducing myself and conversation I was allowed to take the engine to the wood pile for fuel.:D An emotional moment happened. I was thrilled to pull the throttle. Grandpa never left me steer, fire, or pull the throttle, only sit there and touch nothing!
I was able to tour the grounds several times on this engine, nearly 3 hours worth.

Thanks much Coe!!! :D

Attachments

T James Ives

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/16/2016
Re: Nta most memorable experience

I too have had a great time at NTA. Up on engines getting dirty.
Thank you everyone for putting up with me especially John Gasper- thanks mate.
Look out Greenville, here I come!

M Zeigler

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019

:wave: David,
I certainly can relate to everything you said, I have vivid memories of being told, don't touch that, keep back, it is to hot, you will get burnt. At least I got to buy my Grandfather engine years later.

Glad you got the chance to spend some time on it.:cool:

:D,Mike

K.O'Connell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019

This was my first NTA visit. I greatly enjoyed meeting Butch Biesecker and photographing his usually spotless 22-65 Keck Gonnerman. I also enjoyed meeting Trevor Ives from England and listening to his thoughts about the show.

Attachments