• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Ohlson and Rice Lifesavr generator

Mike Schweikert

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
I just picked this up. It is a Ohlson and Rice Lifesavr generator, with a pump shaft attachment.

Does any one know how to operate it?. It has the choke which is obvious, and what i think is a small throttle lever on the side of the carb. It has a yellow handle in the front of the carb. I cant figure out what it does

It has spark, and I could get it to fire on ether, but not on fuel in the tank,

Any suggestions?. what is the mix, 32:1?

Thank you

Mike

Attachments

armandh

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
09/02/2010
Re: O and R lifesavr

try fresh gas after a cleaning of the tank and carb.

hitnmiss

Registered
O and R lifesavr

Mike, how big is this? I have the operating instructions for the O&R with the Tiny Tiger Generator which says to use 24 to 1 mixture, Oil to gas.
See if the picture helps at all.
lol

Mike, here's something else I found when I read the instructions again.
Maybe what you see on the side of the carburator is the governor control.
BILL

Attachments

Mike Schweikert

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Re: O and R lifesavr

Thanks Bill, that helps a lot:D

That sure is a gov control, it has a spring on the throttle shaft that allows for tighter or looser spring pressure depending on the handle position.
I've discovered that the line going from the tank under the shroud to the double fitting by the carb is shot. I'll need to replace it. I assume this line allows for crankcase pressure to push fuel up into the line to the carb??

We tried to splice and use model airplane fuel line. I've had it apart, and tried to clean as best as possible. I'll need to do it again with gumout this time. It did not seem to push any fuel up that I could see.

The diapragm looked fine, no holes that I could see. It sounds like it is pumping when I hit the plunger and had it up to my ear. Awfully small bugger this is. I feel like I'm working on a toy....

The yellow handle hold the govenor closed when pushed in, you pull it out, and there is full gov control for the throttle.

I'll keep playing with it. I am sure it would run with fuel........

Mike

lokay5

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/11/2015
The line going from one side of the tank to the other simply lets air out of that side of the tank so it will fill. Make SURE that the fuel line to the carburetor is connected to the tube that goes to the BOTTOM of the fuel tank into the fuel. One does. The other two do not!

Cute little thing, init? Did it come with ear protection?:wave: