• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Oil Field Workhorses

B

Ben Augustine

I posted a few pics in the steam forum explaining where these came from. I am a steam guy but these were there too and I thought that they were cool and thought you guys might like to seem them. To the best of my knowledge they are around 50 hp. One is a Superior ( I only know that because it was cast real big on the side ) These were donated so I would not be able to keep one, but it would be cool. I am guy who thinks a picture is worth 1,000 words and I am at my pic max and cannot figure out how to take off some older ones so if anyone can help me there so that I can put more pics up, clue me in. So i guess there is only this one, but I have more in you want me to email them individually.

--Ben Augustine

Keven Withers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
That indeed is a Superior a Mill model besides and looks to be fairly complete a very nice engine. We have a 60 h.p. Superior Mill model but ours has the open govorner. A very nice running engine. I would like to see other pictures. Keven

B

Ben Augustine

Apprently I am a little picture happy and have reached my limit on smokstak and I cannot figure out if I can take off older pictures that I have posted. So I may just sign up for a new account and post more. These are my grandfathers that he donated to the museum. There were some other ones that the museum owns that are restored and set up to run antique oil rigging but those were buildings were locked because it was the off season one ran a belt to a horizontal that was no less than 15 ft in dia and was attached to 2 cables that each ran to an oil pump. So one engine was running 2 wells. It was pretty cool but pictures through the window into a dark building wouldnt have been too effective. Id like to see a pic of a running 60 hp.

B

Ben Augustine

Well I hope that Harry doesnt get mad at me and kick me off or anything but I re-registered and here are some of the other pics. One is the other side of the first Superior that I posted before.

Attachments

Mac Leod

Registered
These engines were used in oil fields to pump oil from the ground....I belive most would opperate on the natural gas that could be collected from the head of the well

Mac Leod

Mac Leod

Registered
these engines were made to run day n night...with little mantinance. look up arrow engines and ajax engines. modern oil field engines....

Mac Leod

Doug Waggonner

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/13/2011
I work at Arrow Engine. The gas engine bussiness is still very much alive. Arrow builds ALOT of new one lungers. We also build the giant 2 cyl Lufkin engines. Check us out. www.ArrowEngine.com