• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Ol' Ross!

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Another birthday listed! Man you guys are getting old!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROSS CLARKE!:j:

I haven't seen him in a while so maybe he still has those Hollywood, youthful looks?:rolleyes: If so, it is probably from all that Oil Pull exhaust mist over the years - gives you a nice complextion and doesn't show up as much on those Hawaiian shirts he always wears.
Have a great day buddy!
RM.

E

Edwin

Ross, this is my present to you Milton on Steele's Ave. taken in 1954,the barn is still there i belive its one standing at the Harrop House Resturant.

Attachments

Ross Clarke

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2016
Thanks everyone.
Edwin I love that pic.
Taken 3 years before me.
That is the old CN line that used to go across Martin street beside Cheap Thrills, then past PLs,then curved to meet where the main line is now.
That is the big Harrop barn that is at the Ag Museum now.
I remember playing in it when I was boy in the early 60s.
My Grandpaws farm butted onto the Harrop farm.
It is the property where the Pen is now.
Ross

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
That train scene is beautiful.
From our farm, we could see the main line of Canadian National (Dundas Subdivision) and there was some pretty impressive steam power still running when I was a kid.
At the back of the farm was the old Fergus Sub, now torn up. It started just east of us at Lynden Jct. There was a daily train that ran between Hamilton and Owen Sound and it looked just like the picture Edwin posted. It had a 4-6-2 engine usually, mail car, baggage/express and a single coach.
My public school was in view of the main line also but we couldn't see the branch. But my first teacher's husband worked on the mail car on the branch line train. They went to the Sound first thing in the morning and came back in early evening.
Ross, I have a story about your dad and that old barn at the museum - remind me to tell you next time we meet!
RM:wave:

Ross Clarke

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2016
Hey G
I think Dad probably had a lot of stories about that barn.
He and the Harrop boys were pretty good friends in their younger years and Dad kept in touch with Cedric Harrop up until his passing.
I remember running that line to Owen Sound on 1057 back in the 70s.
It's a shame all these old rail lines disappearing. It'll be almost impossible to replace them.
The old CN line thru downtown North Bay has been gone for several years now and you can't tell where it was in a lot of areas now that the properties have been developed.
All the best
Ross