• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

old look

Craftsman56

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/23/2019
I would like to see the old look come back.I really don't care for the google influence here with round pics and letters like on a cell phone.I never had a camera that took round pics and it doesn't look good. I came on to pay for another year but will hold off for now. I know some will not like my feelings but they're mine.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/10/2020
In general, I miss it too. While some things are arguably better, I miss the “feel” of it.

More specifically, I miss:

The thread title at the top of each post.

The list of everyone currently viewing the thread at the bottom of the thread.

The full list of all who have “thanked” a post.

And some of the old emojis.

To be fair, these are trivialities. The old platform was no longer supported, so the change was inevitable. It was an enormous amount of work for @Harry and I am extraordinarily grateful for that. I will always remain a subscriber. And look at that. I just “tagged” Harry, so he should get a notification that he was mentioned in a thread. Couldn’t do THAT on the old forum!

Keith

Last edited:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
More specifically, I miss:

The thread title at the top of each post.

The list of everyone currently viewing the thread at the bottom of the thread.

The full list of all who have “thanked” a post.

And some of the old emojis.

Keith
While the Thread Title isn't above each individual post anymore, it IS Still at the top of Each Page in a thread. . .

The "full list of all who have “thanked” a post." is still there, just have to click on the names showing if there's more than 4 or 5 of them (or in this case 3 so far)
5-3-2020 pix     (255).jpg5-3-2020 pix     (254).jpg

As for the emojis, I'm drawing a blank on which if any of the old ones we're missing:beer:, plus we have a hundred or more new ones to choose from . . .:alien:💣☢🇺🇸🚂
5-3-2020 pixs 002.jpg5-3-2020 pixs 003.jpg5-3-2020 pixs 004.jpg

:salute:

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
I miss the related threads at the bottom of the thread page.
There is a lot of add-ons like that, but I've been walking before running into them. The XenForo stands on its own, but if it runs into a problem, I have to be prepared to REMOVE all add-ons before contacting Xenforo. They have found out that it's usually the add-on that's causing the problems so you have to get your add-ons from someone who knows what they are doing and get the right version.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/