• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Old Push Mower

K-Tron

Registered
What you have found is simply incredible! Coldwell Lawn Mower Company was the largest mower manufacturer in the world at one point in time. They built the finest mowers this world has ever seen. I believe you have a Coldwell Pony Mower designed to be pulled behind a small pony or donkey. The only missing part appears to be the front drawbar. I would love to get my hands on a mower like that. I have two glorious Coldwell power mowers in my collection that I have meticulously restored, and am always looking for more. If you have not saved that mower from eternal damnation, please go back and do so, it is about 120 years old. Please do whatever you can to save the original paint, and bring it back to operable order.

Chris

Clapper

Registered
Hi All,
So we we went for a drive to Westbury today and paid way too much for the old mower, however it is safe and secure in the shed.
It is definitely not made to be towed behind a pony or donkey, and is a push mower 15 1/2" cut. I asked Mister Google and the tow behind are three times the size of this machine with a tractor type seat for the driver. So the only thing missing is the catcher. There are also a couple off slots each side between the roller and cutter maybe for some kind off cover or guard sat there. Does have a little of the original paint, a pail green. The only other ID I can find is " H6" cast into the centre of the cutter bar.
Cheers
Ian

Attachments

cobbadog

Registered
Well done for saving this bit of history. I would jump onto Trove and do a search for this model to see what adds you can find from the past. Not sure what it looks like from behind but may have had a trialing jockey seat and a draw bar missing from the front. It doesn't appear that it had an engine and looks way too big to be a push mower.
So does it look like something might attach to the rear?

Clapper

Registered
Hi Scotty

You will need some big dollars to acquire that, cost me a small fortune. The old bloke new what he had. Yes the shed is filling up mum's going to cut off the dollar supply she said. Only got the Lister J to bring home now.

Cheers

Ian