• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Old Turntable in New Hampshire

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Re: Old turntable in New Hampshire

Hey Ashton, not trying to hijack your post but I replied to another one of your posts about your families business. You said you found some history on the business in some old trade journals. Where did you find the journals? A library perhaps? I would like to know as I am trying to research and engine.

Brian Mann

Registered

I believe that this was originally the PGF&N Portsmouth, Great Falls and Northern acquired by Boston and Maine and became the B&M mountain division. Officially abandoned in the 1970's

Ashton

Registered

Hey Ashton, not trying to hijack your post but I replied to another one of your posts about your families business. You said you found some history on the business in some old trade journals. Where did you find the journals? A library perhaps? I would like to know as I am trying to research and engine.
Google books is my main source for old adverts and articles. It's fantastic. Good luck with your search!

Beanscoot

Registered
Thanks for those links. It looks like the turntable was already abandoned by then except for use as a length of siding.