• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Onan / champion ch41 glow plugs

nothingbutdarts

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
08/15/2019
Ebay has a few AG3's to choose from. For some reason I can't get the link to work so I removed the link.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Here is how this works. You google search the Champion number and find them on the internet. I would stay away from anything Champion. NGK makes the same glow plug, NGK 6425. Amazon has them for $10.00.

David C

Registered
yoyopart crosses the CH41 to the NGK6425, but the NGK description shows the 6425 has M10 x 1.25 pitch threads. I am pretty sure the CH41 has 7/16" fine threads.

David

BigBlockChev

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/06/2019
I ran into this problem as well the std SAE thread pattern is pretty much not produced anymore. It would be great if there was a helicoil setup thich would allow the use of the more easily available metric thread plugs. You can't just retap the head as the diameters are too close and the threads will just overlap and not be strong enough to hold up under the pressure. Cheers Dan

David C

Registered
Need to measure the OD of a 10mm Helicoil repair tap to see if it would take out all of the 7/16" threads in the head. The problem would be getting it all lined up so the glow plug would seal up.

David C.

BigBlockChev

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/06/2019
I believe the glowplug seals on the lower tapered surface like a ford sparkplug. It would require some careful drilling and tapping as the angle and access is not great. Cheers Dan