• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Onan Master Service Manual

vdrive

Registered
Yes, Thank you for finding this site and bring it to the forum Ha Ha Ha.
Don't for get to get the credit.

vdrive

Last edited by a moderator:

David C

Registered
vdrive,
The credit belongs to you for finding the info. I just sanitized the link so it would work with one click. It does look like I found the info due to the way BT just moved my post from your original thread, with the link to the sticky. Again the credit belongs to you.

David C.

John Ward

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/08/2014
I am having trouble downloading the manual, it just sits there at 119kb. I have a very fast 21mbit connection so it should go pretty fast.
Thanks,
John

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
This file downloads fine. If you are having trouble, try it at a different time of day as the internet does perform differently based upon daily and regional loads. Also, you might need to delete your temporary internet files to provide ample space in your web browser / pdf reader for the download. Once downloaded, save the file to your hard drive!

Whatever the case, thanks to David C for the file address. It is now in my Onan document file too. :)

Leon N.

Registered
Thank you all for the very informative Onan Master Service Manual.

For all of us interested in resurrecting old Onan machines, there is still missing a key bit of information that must be out there somewhere.

And that is the Onan factory option codes. Sure would be nice to know what factory options were included in the model numbers.

Leon

Peter Brenner

Registered
Hello David,

I've not yet downloaded the Onan master manual but I have a question: Does the manual have an overall wiring diagram? My Onan 25EC-4R8/12J (25KW, 120/208 Volts, 3-Phase, 86.5 Amps) has an 07SX1N1C magnaciter. I can't yet account for all the magnaciter wiring even though I've printed all the diagrams from this forum. Also, I can't account for the exciter startup. It appears necessary to flash the field with a 12-volt battery during startup before self-excitation becomes available but I've not yet found a diagram for this...

BGarrett

Registered
Theres lots of good info here. I was kinda surprised I didnt see what I need. I have a Lincwelder 225 powered by a CCKA S/3522J. It runs good but doesnt speed up when I strike an arc. Is there another source of info for this? Thanks

K

Kpack

Have you looked on the Lincoln site for the manual just put your model # in there manual part if you can't find what you need post back here or the welding forum here and we,ll help you.:wave:

Kimbra Dean

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/17/2019
The auto idle control is made by Lincoln. You will need a lincoln manual to troubleshoot. If you will PM me an e-mail address I can send you an operators manual and parts list. Not everything you might want but better than nothing.

Allen Knack

Registered
Try this link: http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/OnanMenu.htm
They have some good information there.

Thank you all for the very informative Onan Master Service Manual.

For all of us interested in resurrecting old Onan machines, there is still missing a key bit of information that must be out there somewhere.

And that is the Onan factory option codes. Sure would be nice to know what factory options were included in the model numbers.

Leon

RaguTom

Registered
Hey Guys,
Tom from Flight Systems here...

Is there any way we can denote that this is the Engine Master Service Manual and not the full 322-0500. If possible, it would be helpful to get the 332-0500 up into this sticky, or at least the other pieces of the manual to go with.

betnjer

Registered
Hi Guys
I have a Onan Generator 3.0 MAJ 1R/lR Serial #J7-60.177088 and received the parts manual 933-0220 from Ed however he did not have the operator 933-0120 or the service manual 933-0501. If anyone can help me locate these files it would be truly appreciated.
Thanks Jer