• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Original Finish for Corrugated Copper Cooling Tank?

mihit

Registered
I have a Lister CS 3/1, pretty much complete. The (original?) tank is corrugated copper and was in a state of green when I got it. I have got back to shiny using sanding discs on an angle grinder, and done a couple of test patches with a wire brush. Both provide an "acceptable" finish as far as I'm concerned, a degrease and a laquer and put it back on.
Just wondering how these tanks would have originally been finished/formed? Or if there's a general consensus on what looks best now.

I imagine they would have rolled corrugated sheet to shape and fitted the bottom by hand, perhaps more interested in function than looks, so would it tend to have roller/die lines going around it? Would they have bothered burnishing afterwards?

No pics now but I'll snap some in the coming week.