• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

-OT-Looking for Bill Stevenson, PA.

George & Helen Myers

In Memory Of Helen
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2010
You are probably not alone in looking for him!

Don't live near him, have never met him, but do know the name belongs to a person with which we would never have any dealings!

There must be someone here on Harry's that could be more enlightening!

Helen

George & Helen Myers

In Memory Of Helen
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2010
Harry you may delete this if you think it is inappropriate...Helen

In May of 1997 while attending the Swap Meet in Waukee we were approached by a gentleman from Texas who wanted to know where we lived in PA. He then proceeded to tell us that he had been ripped off for $1000 by a person from Charleroi. He explained that he had advertised for a particular engine. This fellow had the engine he wanted and a deal was closed. The Texan never received the engine or a return of his moeny and later found out that this fellow used this practice many times over. The police told him the distance wasn't worth his effort in pursuing the situation.

I thought about this for sometime before posting but I feel that the WARNING is necessary because there are many new people in this hobby.

Then on Dec 20th, 2003 we could put a name to the individual. This was posted on Engine Ads. I would assume that the person that posted it(names have been removed by me) had also advertised for an engine:

MISC. WTD: WARNING ! (Az)

Posted By: (name has been removed)

Date: Saturday, 20 December 2003, at 12:01 a.m.

A person by the name of (Name Removed) from Charleroi,Pa just ripped me out of about $3000.00,selling me engines he never had, to support his drug habit.His dad tells me he has done this to people all over the country.The chief of police says he has been doing this for 20 years,excluding prison time.Please spread the word and blackball this person FOREVER !