• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Otto Engine Exposition Labor Day Weekend 2020

Keven Withers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
I am happy and excited to announce Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion will be hosting an Otto Engine Exposition Labor Day weekend Sept 4,5,6 & 7th 2020 at Rollag Minnesota.

While it is a ways off 2020 is the first available year at Rollag that doesn't conflict with another feature. It will also be 15 years since our last Expo in 2005. Several engines have changed hands since then and new owners have expressed interest in an Otto Expo.

This should give everyone plenty of time to plan, acquire and restore their Otto Engines if you have an interest in attending.

While our main focus will be the american Otto Gas Works we will welcome and include Otto Engines that were built by Deutz in Germany and Crossley Bros. in England as well as any other company that built Otto Engines as well as model engines.

If you are interested in in showing an Otto Engine during the Expo please message me so I can keep a list of interested people for future reference and mailings.

Keven Withers

Don Selmer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
Re: Otto Expo 2020

I've displayed at both the other 2 Rollag Otto Expos and plan the do the same in 2020. The first one was in 1988 then 2005. Both were Fantastic events.

Last edited:

Gene Fisher

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019

Dear Kevin.
I just acquired my first Deutz-Otto engine and would be very interested in attending the show since those engines would be included.
Only one however, i will be 80 that year and a couple of years from now is a long time. Did not use to think about what two years could change. I will put it on my calendar and bucket list and hope to attend. Thanks for the invite.

Attachments

Last edited:

Keven Withers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020

Want to bring this back to the top. There has been a bit of interest in this so far. Still plenty of time to acquire or restore your Otto engines for Rollag 2020.

Wayne Grenning

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
06/10/2018

At this point in time I am planning on bringing an Otto ! The last Otto event was incredible!

P Schmidt

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/27/2018

If I can get my boat anchor together till than, maybe I will try to make it. So far I have a had a lot of help with parts from people on this sight!!! Thanks !!!!!!
Paul

Keven Withers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020

Bumping this to the top. Rollag is next weekend. If you are visiting Rollag this year and have an Otto and interested in showing it at the Expo look me up in the Otto Building. We are 2 years away now from the Expo and will be doing lots of planning and prep work this next year.

Jeff Wahl

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/02/2019

I know they are featuring Case for 2019, is there a feature gas engine next year?

JWithers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

Jeff, the gas engine feature will be Jacob Haisch so I think Great Western, Chanticleer, Appleton, Sandwich and EARLY Rock Island as they were Appleton. And if I read it correctly Rock Island was bought by Case so there is a loose connection. Any one may correct me if I'm wrong. Im sure there will be another thread started about it so... sorry to derail this one.

Keven Withers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020

With the New Year I want to bring this to the top again. There are few engines that are planning to attend already. If you are interested in attending please let me know.

Chris Epping

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019

With the New Year I want to bring this to the top again. There are few engines that are planning to attend already. If you are interested in attending please let me know.
Keven,
We hope to bring something to the show. It should be a good one - looking forward to it.

Chris

Jeff Wahl

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/02/2019

Chris, can I rent an Otto for the weekend? Of course I'll need it delivered!!! :D

JSWithers

Registered

Chris, can I rent an Otto for the weekend? Of course I'll need it delivered!!! :D
Jeff, it would be really nice for Chris to bring more than one Otto so you can have one to play with. However, if that's what it takes to get you to Rollag we will let you play with one (or more) of ours. Rent free! Did you ever make it out to Rollag last fall? I thought you mentioned you had a business trip to Fargo and wanted a personalized guided tour of our stuff?

Chris Epping

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019

Jeff, it would be really nice for Chris to bring more than one Otto so you can have one to play with. However, if that's what it takes to get you to Rollag we will let you play with one (or more) of ours. Rent free! Did you ever make it out to Rollag last fall? I thought you mentioned you had a business trip to Fargo and wanted a personalized guided tour of our stuff?
I've never got to borrow an Otto to play with...... been there for 20 years.....

Jeff made it to Fargo, but not out to the show. He'll be there soon though.

JSWithers

Registered

I've never got to borrow an Otto to play with...... been there for 20 years.....

Jeff made it to Fargo, but not out to the show. He'll be there soon though.
Chris, I guess I never knew you wanted to play. You would have been and are more than welcome anytime.

I thought Keven and Jeremy were going to give Jeff a tour in October. Shows how much I know.