• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Palmer YT-1 Head

J.B. Castagnos

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2006
The Palmer YT-1 is a collectable little engine, there a some around that were victims of salt water damage. The cylinders and heads fall apart. George Coates is reproducing the heads, cylinders to follow. He did the mirror image head for the YT-2. The heads are perfect, the only way to tell it from the original is the machine work is too nice.

Attachments

Last edited:

IronworkerFXR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/06/2020
Humm are you saying the old guys I know that worked there did poor work :O.
that looks really nice, any ZR1 cylinders?

J.B. Castagnos

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2006
No, but they were in production, George is doing them one at a time and I'm sure the tooling is better. The Palmers were fine engines, I have several. Dick Day worked with someone, I know the NL's were reproduced, maybe some others.

Brian.P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2015
TO bad shipping is so high I have a good engine here for parts would get a few running again not sure where the flywheel ended up never went back to find it

Attachments