• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

PE-197, Hobart

Ed Stoller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
I have a 1945 PE 197, generator S/N Q58, , 120 Volts, 53 Amps, 6.3 KW, that I want to give to someone who would want to restore it. I live in far Western CT. The generator has been stored in a trailer covered since I picked it up about 15 years ago. I need the trailer for my PU-667/G, 2 cylinder Lister Diesel plant.

Attachments

Military Dave

Registered
Thanks Ed for posting YOUR gennie up for grabs now. I just purchased an O'Keefe and Merritt E-3 two weeks ago and Ben Hur trailer three weeks before that, that should have had the P.E. 197 in it :bonk: !!
Really though, I'm just kidding around with Ya'. It seems like when you one really wants something, it's never around. Then when one gets what they're looking for, more come out of the wood work, :shrug:........ Oh well. It looks like a good solid unit to be restored :). If it is okay with you, I can put this thread over on G503.com in the Generator section, I'm sure someone will want to save this little gem. Dave.

SPBiker

Registered
Hey Ed,

Would you be willing to sell me the big round plug with the screw on cover? My PE-197 is missing the plug and the wires that go to it

Ed Stoller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
That would be the Aluminum one in the lower left corner of the first picture. I guess I could start parting it out if no one wants it. Contact me off list edstoller at earthlink dot list.