• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Peru Engine Trucks

Last Subscription Date
07/30/2014
In need of a front axle clamp, I-beam is 2.375" x 3" and the axle is 1.5" the U-bolt is .5" od. Missing one and would like to try and find an original before making one from scratch. Found this on local CL for a song :O, now my old 6hp Hercules may feel a bit more cozy. Guess this will be added to that long Winter time project list.

Craig

Attachments

Joel Mosley

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Hi Craig,

I have purchased several carts over the years that were missing the bolt and saddle. I sent one of the orignals off to the foundry and had the missing casting made. Sorry, no extras left. The turned out great. I used cold rolled steel and made the u bolts myself.

Good luck.
Joel

PFT

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
02/07/2020
Craig, the easy way to get U-bolts is go to a heavy truck spring shop and they should be able to make them up to match the old ones. Although you may have to switch to fine thread instead of coarse.
PT